Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #137: Dogeater

Author: Arisawa Industry
Size: 256x144

Desc:
Dogs are friends not food.

Sorrontis

Why does it look like the Korean Peninsula?  ???
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 09, 2016, 02:06:50 AM
Why does it look like the Korean Peninsula?  ???

Probably/not a coincidence.

Either way, I thnk it was intentional.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

PMouser

Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

chwooly

Ummm, Am I the only 1 that got the whole dog and map of Korea thing?
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Sorrontis

Quote from: chwooly on October 09, 2016, 11:30:37 AM

Nope. And with the Japanese sounding "Arisawa." I feel this is getting close to the racial harassment rules of the game. It has to be more than a coincidence.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

chwooly

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 09, 2016, 11:37:00 AM

Nope. And with the Japanese sounding "Arisawa." I feel this is getting close to the racial harassment rules of the game. It has to be more than a coincidence.

Good Point, Didn't think about that aspect
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Nicant

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 09, 2016, 11:37:00 AM

Yeah, i kinda agree.
CW4 hype!!

Sorrontis

Also, his second map: Pearl Harbour. If that doesn't reeked of Japanese supremism (sp?), I might just be over thinking things.

(http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=21859.0)

chwooly

I think you are overthinking that one, It would have been done the other way around with the particles inside the harbor.
― Robert A. Heinlein

Sorrontis

Quote from: chwooly on October 09, 2016, 11:45:08 AM
I think you are overthinking that one, It would have been done the other way around with the particles inside the harbor.

ha!

yum-forum

1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

Stickman

Quote from: PMouser on October 09, 2016, 07:04:29 AM
how do you do this? i got overrun, ty

Guidelines:
Spoiler

1) HQ can be spawned at the right side of the map to claim lots of energy
2) Once enemy energy mines are built, they will attract enemy particles
3) Ships like tankers can be used to build ships and omnis anywhere, even outside energy mine range
4) Omnis can go on suicide attacks
[close]

Walkthrough (can surely be optimized):
Spoiler

0) Put two gems on "move/build speed" and "energy mine production" techs, and put two gems on lathes. Put two other gems where you like it.
1) Drop HQ on the right side of the map to claim lots of energy
2) I think that your particles can hold initial assault by themselves, but, just to be safe, build lathes, cruisers, wolf and marauder very close to first energy mine
3) Wait for things to calm down
4) Build tanker and sneak it to right side of the map. Go at absolute lowest possible position. It will attract some particles, but most of them would go back. HQ can shoot stray ones.
5) Assemble your fleet on the right side of the map. Sneak ships from the left side or build them on the right side. Don't build MK7 ships or turn off their MK7. Left base is safe without any ships.
6) Go for rightmost emitter with your fleet. It's agressive, so pause when your hammer gets blown up and use another ship to shield your lathes. If unsuccessful, retreat to the right side, rebuild your fleet and try again.
7) After that you can destroy two stunners with lathes. Build omnis in space with your tanker and drop them next to emitters to destroy them.
[close]

=====> This is a moderately pointy stick. You need to poke me with it once in three days if you need PRPL from me