[Suggestion] Ruler in editor

Started by GoodMorning, October 03, 2016, 12:15:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

Sometimes it is difficult to guess what the distance is between two points is (what with changing zoom levels).

Could we please have a "ruler" or something to use to scale GetAllUnitsInRange or mine range distances? Trial-and-error can lead to unexpected results.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

This would compliment well a toggle-able grid. (I commented to show solidarity with GoodMorning in this request).
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Kharnellius

FYI, it does show the coordinates of your cursor at the bottom of the screen just right of the control panel.  You can use that to determine distance in the interim.

Sorrontis

Quote from: Kharnellius on October 03, 2016, 10:33:12 AM
FYI, it does show the coordinates of your cursor at the bottom of the screen just right of the control panel.  You can use that to determine distance in the interim.

You expect me to do trigonometry?! Yeah, I could.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

Kharnellius

Quote from: Sorrontis on October 03, 2016, 11:02:08 AM
Quote from: Kharnellius on October 03, 2016, 10:33:12 AM

You expect me to do trigonometry?! Yeah, I could.
Haha, yes if they aren't horizontally or vertically aligned then I guess some trig would be needed.  But trig never hurt anyone....look at *twitch* me *twitch* *twitch*  :o ;D ??? ::) :o :-\ :o