AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #63: yum01 BEAMER

Author: yum234
Size: 256x144

Desc:
My first PF map in first day of PF! Congratulation with new game! :) #GoodLuck

jaworeq

Nice map!
2 decent starting points and lot of ways to approach the reds.

As for the ship - it's completely unusable with current energy system in the game. I'm starting to think it's game design flaw actually.
If you wanna keep adding your beamer ship to maps, please give it an energy tank, so it can last couple seconds before being starved of energy.

GoodMorning

I didn't have an issue. But I had it supported.

The 30eps limit is good for limiting the size of ships. I don't recall if it can be circumvented with Guppies while outside mine range.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

yum-forum

Quote from: jaworeq on September 30, 2016, 09:08:13 AM
...please give it an energy tank...

I already used this nice idea in next map, but not for BEAMER.  ;)

Thank You for comments!  :)
1560 maps in CW2, CW3 and PFE till now
last

D0m0nik

Great to see you map making for the new game Yum, instant sucess, enjoyed it.

I like it when custom ships come with a description or are limited to a couple of unique ships so that it is quick to learn what they do. I also like the multiple start points here and the option to fight on multiple fronts.

yum-forum

Quote from: D0m0nik on September 30, 2016, 12:19:58 PM

I like it when custom ships come with a description or are limited to a couple of unique ships so that it is quick to learn what they do. I also like the multiple start points here and the option to fight on multiple fronts.

I just study PF, bur "story" etc. not so helpful and I decided study PF via editor and creating maps...  ;)

P.S. In my time (score) table not visible 1-st and 2-nd time. Is it bag or special idea? Why?
last

chwooly

Quote from: yum-forum on September 30, 2016, 01:18:42 PM

I just study PF, bur "story" etc. not so helpful and I decided study PF via editor and creating maps...  ;)

P.S. In my time (score) table not visible 1-st and 2-nd time. Is it bag or special idea? Why?

The way the score table as I understand it is... The scores shown are only a few on each side of the score you have posted. If you want to see all the scores you need to clear the your name from the "corp" box on the left side and then click the all button on the right side, That will bring up all the scores for the map..

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

yum-forum

Quote from: chwooly on September 30, 2016, 02:11:05 PM

The way the score table as I understand it is... The scores shown are only a few on each side of the score you have posted. If you want to see all the scores you need to clear the your name from the "corp" box on the left side and then click the all button on the right side, That will bring up all the scores for the map..

Cheers

Thank You for explanation!  :)
So strange rule... Can not understand idea.

P.S. I am sorry for our post exchanges in Forum in CW3. It was emotion. I was not right...
last

chwooly

Quote from: yum-forum on September 30, 2016, 03:20:04 PM
Quote from: chwooly on September 30, 2016, 02:11:05 PM

Cheers

Thank You for explanation!  :)
So strange rule... Can not understand idea.

P.S. I am sorry for our post exchanges in Forum in CW3. It was emotion. I was not right...

I believe virgil did that so guys like me that have very high times can more easily find our scores if we want to make it better.

And I appreciate your apology thank you.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Qwerty Quazo

I have to say that your beamer had to many beams. There is a reason not all empty hull pieces do not have lasers or beams. My version of your beamer:

PS: Feel free to judge me.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

chwooly

― Robert A. Heinlein

yum-forum

Quote from: chwooly on September 30, 2016, 05:25:18 PM
Is there a difference in build times?

I am not yet seen/played other custom maps at all. I just started study PF via editor and creating maps...
last

yum-forum

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 30, 2016, 05:16:58 PM
I have to say that your beamer had to many beams. There is a reason not all empty hull pieces do not have lasers or beams. My version of your beamer:

Your design is stylish and better!  :)
last

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: yum-forum on September 30, 2016, 07:25:45 PM
Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on September 30, 2016, 05:16:58 PM

Your design is stylish and better!  :)

Thanks! I seem to success at that.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

bugbrain_04

The Beamer was perfect, so long as I kept the particle beams off, lol.