Another bug?

Started by chwooly, September 25, 2016, 03:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chwooly

So after starting a map from a saved game, I decided to click the menu --> restart mission button, However instead of restarting the mission as it does in CW it just reloaded the save. That meant I had to abort mission and go back to the main map selection screen.

Cheers
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein

Karsten75

Quote from: chwooly on September 25, 2016, 03:47:28 PM
So after starting a map from a saved game, I decided to click the menu --> restart mission button, However instead of restarting the mission as it does in CW it just reloaded the save. That meant I had to abort mission and go back to the main map selection screen.

Cheers

It works the same in CW3. If you load from a save, you can't go further back than the save point.

chwooly

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 25, 2016, 05:08:47 PM
Quote from: chwooly on September 25, 2016, 03:47:28 PM

Cheers

It works the same in CW3. If you load from a save, you can't go further back than the save point.
Maybe I am not being clear, Because I just tried it again in CW3 and it works the way I thought it did. So here it is step by step

CW3 Steps
1)Select map from Colonial Space.
2)Play for a while
3)Click menu, opens menu on game tab
4)Select slot to save to. Confirmation opens and select save.
Leave map, have dinner, play with dog, watch TV,
5) go back to colonial space, select map with save file.
6)Click details, details opens with 5 save slots. 1 or more populated.
7)Select none auto saved game.
8)click menu, open menu
9)select restart world, World restarts fresh from original map, not from save

PF Steps.

1)Select map from Exchange
2)Play for a while
3)Click menu, opens menu save/load screen
4)enter name of new save file.
5)Save game
6)return to exchange.
Leave map, have dinner, play with dog, watch TV,
7) go back to Exchange, select map with save file.
8)Click details, details opens "Play" "Load saved mission"
9)Select load saved mission
10)click menu, open menu
11)select restart world, World restarts from last saved position not fresh from original map.

I just tested them again and there are 2 different functions happening somehow.
I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."
― Robert A. Heinlein