PRPL Wiki/Docs - Construction

Started by GoodMorning, September 24, 2016, 09:57:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GoodMorning

I've been about ready to begin PRPL proper for a time now, but am running blind without documentation.

Since we'll want it, and soon, I've begun taking apart existing scripts to assemble the docs based on them. This way we can get the docs with minimal trouble to Virgil, who has enough to do, and sooner rather than later.

Anyone want to help?
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Sorrontis

I'll help. I'm still new to wiki editing though.
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

steelwing

I recall there was a way in CW3 to open a copy of each campaign mission for editing so you could see the CRPL code (if such there was).  Is that still the case in PE?  If so, I can start there.

Karsten75

Quote from: steelwing on September 24, 2016, 12:41:34 PM
I recall there was a way in CW3 to open a copy of each campaign mission for editing so you could see the CRPL code (if such there was).  Is that still the case in PE?  If so, I can start there.

Same thing.

Save campaign file
Move save file to Editor
Open Editor.

steelwing

Cool.  Now, what's supposed to happen when I click the "Edit" button on a script in the Mission Editor?  Shouldn't the script show up in some dialog or something?  Or do I have to open it in an external text editor?

GoodMorning

Once the save is opened in the editor, the scripts are extracted into the particlefleet/editor/<NAME>/scripts folder. You can then open them in an editor of choice. Notepad++ is what I use for KC scripting, largely because there is a CRPL syntax highlighter for it (since adapted to PRPL).
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.