Pair of Typos

Started by Solsund, September 24, 2016, 03:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solsund

Running on a pretty poor connection at the moment so I apologize for not following the official bug report, though for typos I can't see why I'd need screenshots.

Mission 7)  First parity cache mission: typo on the text from COO AMICUS after getting the cache.  "Just as your were told" instead of "Just as you were told"

Mission 4)  Just after the first enemy energy mine goes up there is a little cutscene that has Dir Kami say the following statement: "There is an integrated cannon ... how could the particulate have constructed this without a lathe!".  The problem here is she is asking a question with an exclamation mark instead.  Consider swapping it for a question mark.

knucracker

Thanks.  I've taken note and will get them fixed up today.

Solsund

Got another one for you.

Mission 15) Dir Kami after getting the final record: "It contains the missing records of the Precursor's".  There should not be an apostrophe in Precursors.

This was quite the mission to have to do.  That cannon on the Origin World sometimes had impeccable aim.

GoodMorning

It specifically avoids creating the beam in the bridge of the targeted ship, but has no such qualms about other ships on the same line, resulting in instant-kills for those.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 25, 2016, 04:05:30 AM
It specifically avoids creating the beam in the bridge of the targeted ship, but has no such qualms about other ships on the same line, resulting in instant-kills for those.

Naval terminology (as far as I understand it) requires "On the bridge"

Darkmega

good typo report. I remember seeing that typo in a vid. made me have to pause and stare at it for a moment to make sure the question mark wasn't hiding, since it looked like a silly one. :V

GoodMorning

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 25, 2016, 05:17:44 AM
Naval terminology (as far as I understand it) requires "On the bridge"

It depends on what collision detection you are used to. In this case, the bridge occupies an area, so I use "in". Layering would place it under, so I do not use "on". But, not knowing about naval parlance, I would consider them interchangeable. (And is the corporate fleet a "navy"? It almost seems we need a dedicated word for a space fleet/force.)
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Relli

I'll add a pair of typos of my own to the pile. Both are mission 15.

After the "mysterious structures" start building, Kami says "Your worse fears have come true". That should say 'worst'.
Directly after that, Ogun suggests to "cut of the supply", which should be 'cut off'.

Relli

I caught another typo replaying the story missions. In mission 3's opening dialogue, Ana says she needs to make some calculations. The second time she says it, the word calculations is missing the plural S on the end. Incidentally, in that same message, I'm not certain whether "till" (as in until) is correct as it is, or if it should be spelled "til", or perhaps even " 'til ". If someone knows for certain, could they say so?

I also don't know if posting this on a second-page topic devoted to typos is right, or if I should have made a new topic for it. So again, if anyone has an answer on that, I'd appreciate it.