Notifcation issues

Started by miquelfire, September 19, 2016, 03:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

miquelfire

I noticed the area of the UI that tells you "____ destroyed" I noticed it tells you that even if you're the one who destroyed it! Normally will happen on maps in which you're moving omnis around, as there are times in which it's quickly to destroy it and rebuild. (I saw it with a ship once, can't remember the reason I had for wanting to destroy it now)

Also, it would be nice if those things time-out as well.

knucracker

The lines fade out and the messages are kept but only the most recent three are shown.  If you want to get rid of one or more you can kill it with the X.  Optionally you can hide the whole thing and the number of unseen events will be the only thing shown. That's what is there currently.

Timing them out and auto removing is the one thing that I couldn't do without making it impossible to go back and look at what happened and when.

GoodMorning

May I ask for a "dismiss all" button? I use the log, but often don't clear it for ten minutes or more. This means that I have to spend considerable time spamming the dismiss button.

It would also be nice to be able to stop, say, Doppel destruction notices during an assault, when you are destroying Doppels with trivialising regularity.

Also, I note that the Scrollbar vanishes at 4 or 5 notifications, but only three show up at once.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.