Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #40: Ladybug

Author: jaworeq
Size: 200x250

Desc:
Full of.. spots.

D0m0nik

Wow, that was tough! Enjoyed the special unit Varro, the Carriers I am afriad were mainly used as sand bags!

TheWife

I tend to throw in some extra random ships in each composition exactly because I'm used to hubby throwing stuff at the enemy, to soak up the damage. :x I might need to watch some other people play...

GoodMorning

Having now beaten this in my chronologically-ordered Exchange pass...

It seems to become impossible without at least one Emitter on-side before the starting stocks are exhausted, because although you might possibly get enough energy, you will not have enough power.

One you have two sources of blue particles, the rest is straightforward, and when you
Spoiler

use most of the Grabbers to pipe particles around the head, enabling tactical strikes by Lathes against the mines,
[close]
the rest is clean-up. Or, as I did, you can ignore that once set up, and do a frontal assault, sving an Emitter for last so that there was no red on the map by the time the completion screen showed.

I enjoy that moment where n opposing Emitter is overwhelmed by the streams from friendly Emitters, allowing Lathes to come close, and the friendly Emitters have high rate/low cap, so the particles just keep coming as fast as they are destroyed.

Also, while trying questionable tactics (Rift Space shortcut) to get the HQ across the map to take the last Emitter personally, I found that the friendly Emitters do not work when the HQ is absent. Either that, or their effectiveness was boosted so much by "Emitter Control" that they were effectively shut down.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Smee

Very fun map - ran out of power and had to think more strategically the next time.

WarFerret

That was one tough map , took me 3 tries to figure it out. I loved the cute look too. Didn't look like a lady bug to me , what it did look like was the stereotypical creep from tower defense games lol.. loved it.

-WarFerret

Valley

Very fun map, took me a good while to get my base secure, but once i did that it still proved to be tricky. Slowly build a minor fleet to kamikaze and hope to start clearing out emitters.  I only needed one shot at it, but that one shot took a while, but was well worth my time.

Well done!