Custom Map #19: My Life for Mire!. By: planetfall

Started by AutoPost, September 14, 2016, 10:44:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #19: My Life for Mire!

Author: planetfall
Size: 320x180

Desc:
How much mire would a mire-maker make if a mire-maker could make mire?

Cavemaniac

Whew!

I fought this one almost exclusively with Omnis and the CHQ - there were so many spawners that I couldn't get a ship finished, or keep my mines alive!

Fun map.

Next!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Cavemaniac

Boom!

Halved my time again - this time I set myself a challenge and didn't build a single ship.

I fought the whole thing with just the CHQ and Omnis.

TheWife

I've been hearing for two days now, that Omnis are OP. :P

Cavemaniac

Quote from: TheWife on September 17, 2016, 03:29:54 PM
I've been hearing for two days now, that Omnis are OP. :P

Na - ya just have to pick your moment.

If you've got a space battle, omnis are no use to you.

Ditto, ships don't work over land.

Horses for courses....

jaworeq

She's been hearing it from me and I agree with my opinion :P
5 omnis with cannons can tear apart enemy ship. With reactors, you can send them to ninja missions to lathe pretty much anything. Their only weakness is emergent.

Karsten75

Quote from: jaworeq on September 17, 2016, 04:03:17 PM
She's been hearing it from me and I agree with my opinion :P
5 omnis with cannons can tear apart enemy ship. With reactors, you can send them to ninja missions to lathe pretty much anything. Their only weakness is emergent.

They can be killed in-flight by any number of objects, easier than I brush a fly off. I disagree with OP characterization. You should have seen them when they couldn't even hold their own on mire. This way is much better.

steelwing

Just tried to play this one, and like Cave, I couldn't get a single ship finished.  That emergent keeps tearing me apart.  Omnis are the only thing that can win here.  Once I have a foothold, maybe I can hope to finish a Wolf to actually start threatening all that emergent.

GoodMorning

I don't recall exactly what I fought it with, but I seem to recall it was mainly ships for the first part, then Omnis for the right-hand assault.
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Valley

My experience was waaaay different. I couldn't keep omnis alive until i had a foothold. 2 cruisers /  2 wolfs was a nice foothold and i slowly started building omnis. I had to fight to keep one alive on the starting islands. Fun map.

Grabarz

Well that was... infuriating.

My strategy was to put 2 omnis on the islands to collect the energy pods (the omni on the left island close enough to pick up the west amp gem) and pick up the south amp gem. Put the first point in emergent, then in move speed.

The enemy emergent will mostly follow your HQ, so make advantage of this. Position your HQ south while building a full fleet of omnis to the west. Move all your omnis to the island north. Try to survive as long as you can by going east, try to dodge the cannon. Eventually your HQ will fall, but that's fine because you led all the emergent away. Place yourself north and try to pick up that amp gem, if that fails just sit behind the island north west and place emergent rally point somewhere on the island, to make your emergent block theirs.

From here it's just a battle to secure the facility. Your best bet is to keep rebuilding omnis that get hit by stray emergent and hope for the best. You can also probably build ships safely from this position if you so desire as well, but the emergent is probably too strong for even 3 wolves to be of much use.

Cavemaniac

Oh yeah - I forgot to mention...

I used my CHQ as bait to lure the emergent away, and spent two, nearly three days and countless restarts to get my best score!

Grabarz

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 04, 2016, 03:51:08 AM

I used my CHQ as bait to lure the emergent away, and spent two, nearly three days and countless restarts to get my best score!
Really? Took me 3 tries, and I almost topped yours :P

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Grabarz on October 04, 2016, 10:44:31 AM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 04, 2016, 03:51:08 AM

Really? Took me 3 tries, and I almost topped yours :P

Schooled!

(Mind you - the emergent has been toned down in a recent build)

Grabarz

Quote from: Cavemaniac on October 04, 2016, 01:56:27 PM
(Mind you - the emergent has been toned down in a recent build)
Oh.. point taken.  :P

Was both friendly and enemy emergent toned down? Or just enemy emergent? I'm curious if you still could defend fully from enemy emergent with just your emergent.