Random Questions

Started by Qwerty Quazo, September 14, 2016, 07:34:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

What if you have emitter control and a grabber close to an emitter? I edited a screenshot for an example. Which direction will the particles go if the red arrow is from emitter control?

How do enemy lathes work? Do they build on energy sources and even collect amp gems or do something different? I have that question with grabber and port modules too (and fighter base probably).

What if MK7 could shoot on enemy struct? Why not?

What do amp gems do to a tanker? Would guppies and range from port be boosted as well? Also what happens with grabber, shield and fighter base modules?

Can fighters be destroyed? Or do they have enough health to survive a MK7 shot? Is there a way to deal with them sufficiently?

Bug: When a ship is hit by a stunner, you may not move it but it can rotate. I can't remember where I saw this exactly.

Edit: Here is how enemy ports seem to work, start from 7:40

Suggestion: How about a weapon called Repeater that shoots one bullet (from an MK7 shot) rapidly? My questions are from ShadeOfDead's videos btw.
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Fireball14

QuoteWhat if you have emitter control and a grabber close to an emitter? I edited a screenshot for an example. Which direction will the particles go if the red arrow is from emitter control?
Emitter direction overrides grabber.

QuoteHow do enemy lathes work? Do they build on energy sources and even collect amp gems or do something different? I have that question with grabber and port modules too (and fighter base probably).
Enemy lathes only build red struct.

QuoteWhat if MK7 could shoot on enemy struct? Why not?
First of all energy costs, also there is usually way better targets for it.

QuoteWhat do amp gems do to a tanker?
Bigger port module range, faster resupply from mine rate. Also tiny bug, resupply fighter starts to take energy at boosted range, but still orbits mine as if it was not boosted. Boosted fighters have bigger fire rate.

QuoteCan fighters be destroyed? Or do they have enough health to survive a MK7 shot? Is there a way to deal with them sufficiently?
Fighters are invulnerable.

QuoteBug: When a ship is hit by a stunner, you may not move it but it can rotate. I can't remember where I saw this exactly.
Stunners clears out any ship energy, and prevents resupply. Ships without energy can rotate.