About cannons...

Started by Ninja, September 16, 2015, 02:58:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ninja

Has anyone else been wanting to see a wolf-style ship, only with the missile launchers replaced with cannons? I'd like to see how well that works (and for some reason the cannons really appeal to me).

Oh and V, if you wouldn't mind making this for me and showing it to me, roughly what I was actually thinking is a ship shaped like a missile with at least 8 cannons on it, probably more like 10-12. And maybe a few particle beams or lasers. Oh, and the reason I want it shaped like a missile is just for kicks and giggles (a missile that shoots cannon balls lol).

Has anyone else had a type of ship they desire to see in action? For example, maybe an offensive ship that only uses lasers for weapons, or maybe a support ship that has only particle beams. Stuff like that, or really just any kind of ship you've wanted to see. I'm curious to see what's the most popular kind of ship. :)

J

I'd like to see a lathe ship with a ton of lasers in front of the lathe. Might be able to push straight towards a particle emitter while protecting itself ;D

Karsten75

All things are possible. some however, are insane. Like this.

Look at the cost and build time. :)

Qwerty Quazo

There you go! Just the last ship, with one shot of all weapons, no more energy left..
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

teknotiss

snip....
cave is right...
teasing is mean....
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Cavemaniac

You guys stop fooling around with photoshop and teasing the noobs.

There is no way these are real ships!

😉
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Michionlion

"Remember kids, the only difference between science and messing around is writing it down."
                                                                                                                         - Adam Savage

My website
My CW1, and CW2 maps!

Asbestos

Was the alpha released to some people already, or are you guys just making amazingly good image edits?

Karsten75

Quote from: Asbestos on September 17, 2015, 06:41:42 PM
Was the alpha released to some people already, or are you guys just making amazingly good image edits?

Photoshop FTW!

ShadowDragon7015

MS Paint Ship!
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

warren

Woah, hey, is that a real ship? I was wondering if empty gaps on the interior were possible. Who doesn't like ring ships like the Vulcans have or those from the space game?

ShadowDragon7015

umm... its not a real ship... i even put in fake values on the buttom... ???
Hiding the golden creeper for years to come.

planetfall

Quote from: warren on September 17, 2015, 08:44:17 PM
Woah, hey, is that a real ship? I was wondering if empty gaps on the interior were possible.

*coughs politely*
Pretty sure I'm supposed to be banned, someone might want to get on that.

Quote from: GoodMorning on December 01, 2016, 05:58:30 PM"Build a ladder to the moon" is simple as a sentence, but actually doing it is not.

Ninja

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 16, 2015, 03:26:48 PM
All things are possible. some however, are insane. Like this.

Look at the cost and build time. :)
That's not the ship I meant. :P
I was talking about regular cannons, not Mk7 cannons. lol
Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 17, 2015, 03:36:10 PM

😉
Who cares if they're real? They still look awesome.  8)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Ninja on September 18, 2015, 10:59:58 PM
Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 17, 2015, 03:36:10 PM

😉
Who cares if they're real? They still look awesome.  8)

...and twenty minutes after the game is released, someone will create ships just like these anyway, or perhaps some which are several orders of magnitude moar awesomer!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.