So many questions!

Started by warren, February 27, 2015, 08:51:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

warren

Edit 2: Modified to list now solved questions for the sake of orderliness.

Will ships be customizable? (either in the editor or in play) [solved]
Can walls be built? (either in the editor or in play) [solved terrain AND enemy walls]
For example, could you create a triangle that particles and ships cannot pass through? [solved]
Would those walls be constructed of grid aligned cubes or arbitrary line segments?  [solved]
Can fields affect the drag or maximum speed of particles in them?  [solved]
About how many particles can you simulate at once at 30hz?
Is your engine multithreaded? [50% graphics card]
What are the system requirements you are shooting for?
Will the game have an economic resource other than energy? [50% particle fountain]
Will you have other player fixed installations of interest other than energy mines? (fixed installations that can only be used for defence for example) [50% unclear]
Will players be able to make particles?  [solved]
Any planned features to allow mapmakers to add visual flair to the maps? [solved terrain AND enemy walls AND nebula]
Can the enemy reconstruct on mines that you neglect?
Do you have plans to make particle ships? (once assembled, the mass of particles flies in formation to target, is able to produce thrust, possibly contains weapons.) [solved]
Do you have plans to make emitters that make emitters? (objects that move and produce particles) [solved]
Do you have plans to make graded particles? (Easy to kill low damage vs hard to kill high damage) [50% looks like]

Ideas for weapons:
Chain reaction: struck particles turn into mini bombs.
Force bomb: no damage, just thrusts the particles away from the epicentre.  [50% particle launcher]
Decoy: projects a fake ship nearby.

Grayzzur

How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Roll lollie pop?
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Karsten75

Quote from: Grayzzur on February 27, 2015, 11:30:08 PM
How many licks does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Roll lollie pop?

A scientific study of Fluid Mechanics (the same science as behind Creeper World), suggests 1,000.

Finally, a question I can answer. :)

Epic4242

Quote from: warren on February 27, 2015, 08:51:02 PM
For example, could you create a triangle that particles and ships cannot pass through?
A triangle!? I would make a RECTANGLE! MUAHAHAHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

pawel345

Looking at CW3 blog news, the first post were in march 2012 while may features were added later and there were many changes for a long time. Look ad the guppies for example. They could carry all resources in the beginning and then it was changed a few times.

So my guess is that questions about such specific stuff is pointless as we just got the first news about a new game. Just look how different the buildings look and work between the 2 videos.
In a year or so things will probably be more set.

warren

Some of my questions are about the current state of the game and its technical capabilities. I am not interested in the final product yet. Also, aesthetic choices are not something I am particularly interested in here.

Xalos

My biggest question: since ships are made of smaller parts, will we be able to build our own ships?  I also noticed that one can only build a set number of ships, which is a signifigant change from the first three games of the series, where we could build most units as many times as we wanted as long as we had the space and energy.

Epic4242

I think Virgil either doesn't know or doesn't want us to  :).

miquelfire

Quote from: Xalos on March 04, 2015, 12:37:38 PMwhich is a signifigant change from the first three games of the series

What series? ;)

There's nothing that says this is a Creeper World game. At best it could be considered a spin off.

Xalos

Quote from: miquelfire on March 05, 2015, 09:13:11 AM
Quote from: Xalos on March 04, 2015, 12:37:38 PMwhich is a signifigant change from the first three games of the series

What series? ;)

There's nothing that says this is a Creeper World game. At best it could be considered a spin off.

Ah, I missed that part.