Alpha - J - Super Tower.

Started by Dragonkat, January 17, 2015, 04:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonkat

Again a how in the world? I tried copying the layout from the older 120 day ago thread. (CN in the top middle, nullifer beside) But no dice because of the runners blocking it. when I try putting a nullifer on the map too (middle right) it's instantly vaped from full health to nothing as well, even with other units soaking, so again how?

And if I try to build up a power base there's so many runners you just don't have the energy to build enough snipers to try and clear them, on top of every popped runner making more creeper. Without a forge it just seems impossible no how many reactors I build.

Doesn't seem doable at all quick, and if you try slow the digi just owns your base.

Any advice at all?

Dragonkat

ok, so i got the super tower.... only question is now what?

I thought the Digi growth would stop, but if it keeps going and i've got no room to work with.... destroy a couple beams and try to expand out now that I can thin the runners down without the super spawning more? Or will the corner ones keep them coming? If so again I don't see how a win is possible.

J

There are invisible cores in the corners. A change in late development made older cores invisible. Nullify all four and you'll win.
After the first nullification the digi won't grow further into your base than it could reach before. The pressure from spores will decrease and the 10 runners created when the core spawns won't respawn. Focus on one of the corner cores and nullify it, then proceed to the next.

Dragonkat

So 3 hours and change later after various thoughts, and being a total derp as I didn't even think about strafers for a stretch. More so for the final emitter, had to terp it out and make a moat just to keep the creeper from overwhelming everything.

probably just about the hardest map I've played yet. But Kudos J