Xyl's

Started by Xylnalya, December 26, 2009, 10:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xylnalya

Any feedback is highly appreciated - Especially concerning the difficulty rating I gave the maps ^^''

Maps:
> Canath Oceanworld
> Onslaught
> Oh Snap
> Fractal
> Rescue
> Fort
> Fort 2: The Last Stand
> Styx
-> Fenris
--> Chapter I
--> Chapter II
--> Chapter III
--> Chapter IV
--> Chapter V
--> Chapter VI
---> Chapter VI Hotfix'd (I wanna be able to update maps =C)
> Black & White
> Perspective
> Deception
> Mountain Hiking

WIP:
Shoggoth
Ridge
Management
Chapter VII

knucracker

The maps look awesome.... I've only had a chance to verify basic operation and not play them completely yet, but I'll be jumping in this evening and giving them all a complete play. 

Qbear

Fort should be given a easy rating.  I beat it before the first spore wave hit.  Don't have the totems pre-built, as all I had to do after getting the relay tech (which is easy) is just build one relay and boom, I win.  

edit:  I played Oh Snap and Onslaught too.  Oh snap was again ridiculously easy for an "hard" map.  You gave too many resources to start, and all I needed was one active blaster to win.  Onslaught was a little more difficult, but I'd call it a medium map.  The terrain in that map pools the creep a lot, so it's relatively easy to plant relays and skip a bunch of stuff.

Xylnalya

Thanks for the great comments Qbear. I didn't really concider such a rush for Fort *ahem* I probably just ain't that good of a player :D
I just submitted an updated version of both Fort (not to be mistaken with another yet not downloadable map 'Fort 2 The Last Stand') and Oh Snap that will hopefully make it come closer to its difficulty label. I'll look into Onslaught soon, since I defnitley want them to be hard. Have mercy with a new mapper ;D

knucracker

I've got a bunch of maps over the last few days so I will try to get them rolled out later today.  So look for you new maps to get updated in a bit.

Xylnalya

Updated versions are out, thanks Virgil!

knucracker

In fort 2, nice job on the concealed emitters.   That was a cool way to bootstrap initial building but then take it away after a short period of time.

Young

I didn't like your maps as much as it felt like very limited on what you can do. Like in Starcraft you have 10 marines + Jim Raynor vs you have a base like most of the maps out there.

Your maps are different and unique that easily wouldv'e done well in a story setting.

I really like the pulse creepers on Fractal. That was interesting ;0

EDIT: in bold

Xylnalya

I'll give it a little *bump*, especially concidering Styx and Fenris - latter concerning the whole story line as well.

I thought about adding achievments for Fenris which I'd note with nicknames on the first post, hmh
<- Hungry for feedback, sorry :3

Aurzel

dont type in small text please, it's annoying >.<

Kamron3

Xylnalya

You can copy the text anywhere to have it back to normal size D: Like your browser's adress line ^^''

Kamron3

I can read it without doing that anyway.

_k

Aurzel

i know you can, still annoying though =/

UpperKEES

Your maps are really great! I can see you put a lot of time in it. They are well balanced and you obviously thought of a lot of things; you have to be a good player as well :)

They definitely are on my list of favourites. Not as hard as those of Apocalypstic (I consider most of yours medium/hard), but very challenging and creative. I wish more people had a look at them (especially when they make maps themselves).

Please make some more, I know you are around once in a while....

Edit: Unfortunately Fort, Fort 2 (The Last Stand) and Oh Snap can be finished very quickly by (ab)using some of the provided units. A bit of a shame, as I'm sure these could be great maps as well. Let me know if you're interested in the flaws.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview