Alpha - metroid - and the impossible spore tower barrage.

Started by Dragonkat, December 11, 2014, 11:59:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonkat

How in the world do you stop this?

They build too fast right off the bat before you can barely have one beam tower up. and even if you do get that tower working the spores come in so fast your towers just can't keep up, not even the CN can supply enough energy even with a surplus.

Dragonkat

And a big ol never mind, as i'm a derp, and didn't notice how much of a difference a second CN makes....

Karsten75

It's one of my favorite maps... Energy is crucial at the start.  I'll see if I can relay it and capture a few starting images...

Karsten75

Quote from: Dragonkat on December 11, 2014, 12:12:15 PM
And a big ol never mind, as i'm a derp, and didn't notice how much of a difference a second CN makes....

ha yea, it does.. :)

Dragonkat

Any advice on how to get past (or even close) to that long range creeper turret though?

Is just covering the whole area with AC one route? Or will it still insta pop any relay it touches?

Karsten75

It targets the thing closest. SO if you have a weapon closer, then the relay is saved. AC helps.

Dragonkat

Fun fact I noticed too, the turret doesn't consider guppies a unit. So you can leapfrog turrets/sprayers up ahead with them, then put relays behind.