alpha : fortress siege

Started by PMouser, August 14, 2014, 07:21:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PMouser

Help please, how do you push out so i dont get drained, thanks

and how to nulify the emitter when i get there? it is just too powerful to put the nulifier close enough. thanks
Hi, I am a Bible believing christian.
I am a Youngevity distributor.

Tjgalon

First I find building a couple extra reactors really help, and can be build away from the pz, though i would remove a sprayer to place one reactor in the middle. or even a sniper or two. You can also move a couple of the upper and lower stuff off pz to place a bertha, as that help. Also removing a sprayer or two, helps the other be feed better.

Also strafer, 3 for the lower middle emiter. 3 for the middle one. Ignore the top, it not on the digi line right. There also two emiter hidden in the upper left and lower left on top of the spawners. so 12 strafer for now is good, and not to draining, which helps remove the bugs, so mostly make most of the snipers not needed. Bertha, being 1 cost, you can get them on PZ, to help higher the dmg.

PMouser

I have a screen shot of how i am doing.
how to put it here? thanks
the screen shot is saved to my steam account
and i seem to have done what you said, and i am still stuck as i cant nulify
the creeper over power my shields and AC.

Tjgalon

While playing long, I find that some terp will help to push your safty of your nulifer a couple more seconds. I also use a couple of the pz bertha, for the far left middle, and a guppy or two, to nulifiy the runners nest, and pz  nulfy the rest, and that help reduce a couple emitter too. upper right clear, the pz for a couple of morters, a shield and the gupper to help. It may take a few more bertha, but if you can take the very top emitter, the rest fall easier then you can pz the nulifer down.

PMouser

i trying to work from the bottom, and i cant even get close to the emitter, and keep losing mortars. i am really stuck, thanks

so i should switch to the top emitter?

I thought there was way too much creeper for a terp to work,

hope about giving me a spoiler, i still dont get it. thanks, the guppys whould just die
the terps dont help the creeper just flood over the raised ground

PMouser

Tjgalon

Bertha are the big helper. and the fact they can be built quickly is a good thing, on top of some pz too. nulifer only need 1 packet to bet built, which means, Bertha and sheild can help keep a nulifer safe.
A 2nd trick i just sorta learn, while replaying to see if I can't help was to keep a pz berth aim but disarm, so once you get the nulifer placed, you can used the pz berth, to keep creeper cleared long enough, to get rid of the emiter, once you get one done, the opther can be pz nuliferd down the line.

PMouser

i find terps and shields dont work, the creeper is just too heavy, i dont know what to use, i run out of room/energy. thanks
i keep losing unites

how to keep the network alive? it dont have any health.
there is just way to much creeper made,
i feel like i am on a tread mill, i just cant to the emitter.

Mefi

Hi there o/
I didn't play that map before. Not great map as it's frustrating with setting first nullifier :(
So I did it like this:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301705574
Start.
Activate all Berthas,
As I see no use for bombers cos of small map and sprayers just set it to stop resupply and send all bombers, after they finish, destroy them and build reactors.
Send strafers to disconnect runners, draw lines not click. Very very important you need to mark auto launch at them as it's not set like it normally is.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301705733
Switch around units. Point is to make place for 3 Berthas in PZ and set shields in PZ. Units to remove from PZ are snipers and sprayers as with Strafers cutting back runners are not so needed in PZ.
I attack close edge map so one flank is protected and I chose bottom edge.
Notice that I send strafers twice so there will be always in air.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301706185
Let time move around so with destroying collectors you don't destroy packages. Build relays and Berthas. In 2 back PZ build reactors. New Berthas set to attack bottom edge of map.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301706252
I start to attack at bottom edge with free units and some new cannons and mortars.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=301707045
1st creeper nest down. Use that PZ to take next down.
Building is almost instant so important part is traveling energy so I moved Command Node closer.
To have some more time as Thgalon suggested I made platform at 10 lvl.
I lost lot of time trying to synchronize Berthas to get close to nest and didn't work to much. I used at platform nullifier, cannon, power shield, sprayer. To gave nullifier more time by building sprayer and using it as AC bomb. Disarm it, wait for 50% and then send it to die in creeper in front of nullifier. It will release all AC at one time.