My first tormentor map.

Started by PMouser, July 14, 2014, 06:49:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjgalon

I will have to check later, but there are other sectors you can try too.

Jallun

Based on my experience, most of these maps are bested with Mortars and shields/cannons when powered by a mass reactor farm. Also, every map makes the Forge act like the Golden Snitch.

Tjgalon

Quote from: PMouser on July 22, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
i cant beat the tormentor i am on, just too much creeper and not enough energy. it is map S200_174 : Auchkao, i tried the 8 high circle and the 10 high bigger place, and cant kill all the creeper to keep it out of base.
I am not really sure what so hard about this map, to me at least. I build like this really fast so I am sure you can get a good starting here.

CLICK HERE

Jallun

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 24, 2014, 12:12:22 AM
Quote from: PMouser on July 22, 2014, 03:14:18 PM
i cant beat the tormentor i am on, just too much creeper and not enough energy. it is map S200_174 : Auchkao, i tried the 8 high circle and the 10 high bigger place, and cant kill all the creeper to keep it out of base.
I am not really sure what so hard about this map, to me at least. I build like this really fast so I am sure you can get a good starting here.

CLICK HERE

There's a flaw in that mortar; it can end up disconnected by the runners, leaving you temporarily weakened. I got this instead:

Progress made to give:

I so love my mortars. ;)

Tjgalon

Well, mine was just a start of course, sometimes, things have to change later, lol.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Jallun on July 24, 2014, 09:11:54 AM

There's a flaw in that mortar; it can end up disconnected by the runners, leaving you temporarily weakened.
I so love my mortars. ;)

A neat trick, if you're worried about having your ammo supply to your weapons interrupted by runners, is to land a guppy right next to your unit - the short supply line means that they rarely starve.

Obviously, this opens up a whole bunch of considerations so experiment at your own risk!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Jallun

Quote from: Cavemaniac on July 24, 2014, 08:39:09 PM
Quote from: Jallun on July 24, 2014, 09:11:54 AM

There's a flaw in that mortar; it can end up disconnected by the runners, leaving you temporarily weakened.
I so love my mortars. ;)

A neat trick, if you're worried about having your ammo supply to your weapons interrupted by runners, is to land a guppy right next to your unit - the short supply line means that they rarely starve.

Obviously, this opens up a whole bunch of considerations so experiment at your own risk!

Are guppies excluded from the runner's stunning rule?

Tjgalon

I never seen a guppy get stun, but anything they are connected to can be stun.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 25, 2014, 02:48:48 AM
I never seen a guppy get stun, but anything they are connected to can be stun.

Yep - try it for yourselves!

The big thing though is the massively reduced supply line which cuts waste and usually allows a unit to stay sufficiently supplied - particularly if it's a PC on Digi duty - that can keep the runners at bay.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.