alpha - j - the pit

Started by hbarudi, July 03, 2014, 02:21:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

Finally I was lucky enough to nullify one of the big ones
but not after sacrificing several thousand collectors and other stuff too
20-30 guppies help since the quick build collector and are not attacked by those things.

J

So you went for the collector sacrifice strategy. Indeed requires you to be lucky and often isn't as fast as a more planned strategy. If you pay attention to the destroyers walk pattern, you should be able to trap them out of range of your nullifiers. Then build a lot of nullifiers and have a greater chance of hitting one of the four big ones. Thanks for playing.

Tjgalon

It funny, i beat this map, before the fix, so I had no idea what was destroying all my bits, before, lol.

Dragonkat

So a bit of a thread necro, but i'm confused as the bases don't seem to be obeying the rules (see screenshot)

I managed to trap a bunch of the little ones on the right side, but the bottom left cage in the pit, despite the hint saying the bases won't move over height ten the keep waltzing right in and out of the cage I tried to make to trap one.

Sooo am I missing something here? How can you catch them if they keep walking over even a height 10 wall?

J

There are 3 kinds of units there:
1 - The 4 big cores that were on the map at start
2 - Their harmless child cores that move in the same way
3 - The destructive child cores that move from cell to cell

Only type 3 can destroy your units and you must destroy all cores of type 1 to win the map.
Type 1 and 2 seem to ignore terrain (can't remember how I coded them), while type 3 checks the terrain every move (from one cell to another).
Try to catch all type 3 cores so you can build nullifiers around the pit and destroy most of the type 1 and 2 cores.