Stuck on Hunter Seeker Roundup

Started by EricT, May 08, 2014, 03:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EricT

Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  All three nodes and plenty of power.  I just get overrun too quick.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Kharnellius

Quote from: EricT on May 08, 2014, 03:35:07 PM
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong.  All three nodes and plenty of power.  I just get overrun too quick.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Spoiler
Hidden Emitters
[close]

EricT

I got that, the holes opening up.  Built 2 terps to handle them but it seems like it still comes on too strong.  I'll give it another shot and let you know what happens.  Thanks.

EricT

Nope, no good.  Hole just keep opening up no matter how high I build the ground up and I can only hold off the spiral arms for so long before they just overwhelm me.

Gameboytm101

NULLIFY THE HOLES. They're literally invisible emitters.

EricT

Ah, I didn't know that.  I'll give that a shot.  Thanks so much.  You're a lifesaver.

EricT

Thanks for all your help.  Never knew that the "holes" were actually emitters.  That made all the difference.

Matata

read everything above... I am also having major issues with this map. I understand the hidden emitters and all, also to nullify them. the question is how do I get close enough to them to do that before there is so much creeper that my defenses don't get overrun. what type of defenses are recommended.I have tried just cannons, just motors, 50/50 of those. I just can't produce enough power to supply them enough to keep the creeper back while I terp out far enough to take out one of those hidden emitters.

Dragonkat

How I got a stable platform to attack from, and am now expanding from to clear the map. A moat helps to keep the creeper out, and 2 cannons per D-growth arm with a sprayer keep them away. the trick is energy management at the start with this moat building plan. And using the sprayer to firefight any creeper that gets too close. Not to mention getting the ore sites fast as possible.

But it was serious touch and go at the start, more so as the hidden emitters popping up were an unwelcome surprise and setback. Once you can secure your isle though it looks like the rest shouldn't be that bad. But I haven't actually cleared the map yet so we'll see.