alpha - cavemaniac - leapfrog

Started by hbarudi, April 19, 2014, 02:38:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

How in the world do you get a base on this one when once something is built it will die, while thor is available, it is cost prohibitive and I need an area.

hbarudi

Finally successfully completed leapfrog, very hard map,
Spoiler
What I did:
1. land cn bottom right where there is a cut in the digitalis, this cut in digitalis is important to avoid some of the problems with runners.
2. build some collectors, I used only collectors and no relays in this map.
3. build siphons very important to get early defenses built
4. build ore mine + sprayer + 2 blaster
5. the creeper starting to damage cn
6. build nullifier on closest spore tower to nullify it.
7. put blaster on powerzone and it will kill creeper, and switch to digitalis to kill nearby digitalis
8. begin building some reactors, once reactors are up, the starting base will be able to better survive, but still there is difficulty
9. at this point the siphons died from the digitalis, but with reactors up and some anticreeper support,
10. continue building some reactors one at a time
11. build the costlier stuff, at least one terp and one sniper and one mortar
12. now there is energy to consider removing the blaster from the powerzone, but have at least 3 to 4 beams,
     as the phantoms will start coming in large waves put a beam on powerzone to help kill the phantoms.
13. terp a wall of height 1 on the sides of base to use mortar for defense there do not terp anywhere there is digitalis,
    but also give yourself the bottom right 4 squares
14. continue pushing to secure the base better by nullifying more stuff
15. now terp the rest of the walls, it might be helpful to terp platforms for some blasters to gain an advantage,
     use that to kill digitalis to rebuild siphons, that was a 30 minute tough fight to get there for me
16. now most of the base is better secure build mortars to defend walls, at this point 3-4 mortars on the map is enough.
17. fight to nullify a few more stuff.
18. once your reach the totem, start making space and building forge
19. the aether siphon will give you to research 1 in all 9 techs
20. at this point you should have a secure base, fighting to nullify the left emitter and using a digitalis enabled blaster
     you can now put 2 beams on powerzones and save lots of energy
21. now with forge techs coming in, begin fighting for and making space to build thor
22. build and fully charge the thor while it is disarmed,
23. with a fully charged thor you can now devastate the creeper and win the map.
[close]