alpha - cavemaniac - stairway 13

Started by hbarudi, April 19, 2014, 02:22:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hbarudi

Also having a lot of trouble on this map,
The emitters are just too strong, 80 strength in such an area?
I can't defend myself at all, in other tries, I tried to land on the side, creeper overflows before being able to build a blaster, This is my middle of the map attempt, planning to use terp, but just got overrun

edit:
Spoiler
Successfully completed this map, mass was very helpful to stop creeper from falling down on me from top.
[close]

Mefi

hbarudi

Completed this map with difficulty mass artifacts of odin were the difference between victory and defeat.

Tjgalon

Congrats,  I am still having some trouble, but I am getting closer.

Cavemaniac

Sorry fellas.

This is my bad - I made my maps way harder than they should have been.

By the time I started making maps I'd been beta testing for almost a year so I tended to make maps that I found challenging, and which also suited my game play style.

The best advice I can give you is:

Pause, pause, pause.

Otherwise things will get away from you...

Good luck, and let me know how you get on with this map.
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

hbarudi

Ok, here is a quick walkthrough
Spoiler

1. land 3 cns on middle steps
2. build some collectors and start building a reactor
3. at this point, the creeper will begin to overflow, build 2 blasters and 2 mortars
4. begin nullifying middle runner nests, try to get them all if the digitalis gets there you will have so much problems,
    better to rush the runner nests and collect the articfacts of odin
5. the creeper spilling into the bottom shouldn't be too much trouble, but spilling from the top can devaste you
    so drop the 2 mass artifacts of odin on the top steps near but not too near the creeper but away from each other
6. now there are powerzones and the phantoms are built so build beams
7. put mortar on powerzones to provide defense against creeper and put beam on middle powerzone to kill spores,
    you may need 2 more regular beams to help your main beam
8. continue fighting to expand your base and build more reactors
9. fight to reach totems and build forge
10. at this point you should have a good base, building berthas even if they are not on powerzones will help you push forward, also use shields
11. at this point the map is much easier and completable
[close]

Tjgalon

It funny how sometimes, a map just clicks. Somehow, i just went ahead, and did it, and beat it in 27 minutes. Quite pround of my self :). Cave, I loved your maps, I have two more to beat, and one, I think I beat somewhere else already, so I know what I am doing at least :)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Tjgalon on July 03, 2014, 03:15:58 AM
It funny how sometimes, a map just clicks. Somehow, i just went ahead, and did it, and beat it in 27 minutes. Quite pround of my self :). Cave, I loved your maps, I have two more to beat, and one, I think I beat somewhere else already, so I know what I am doing at least :)

Which ones are you still working on?

Funnily enough, my two favourite maps, out of all the ones I made, are modified DMD maps!
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Tjgalon

Pamukkale and the Barbel Convention. That 2nd one I did somewhere else, and this one seem a tad easier since there is no limit on stuff, heh.

update, all beaten now :)

Mefi

Stairway is fun map. I had problem with starting it tho it was many maps before :)

Tip - Mortars in PZ

And I see someone beat my time at Bardel Redemption :(

Tjgalon

I find after your pretty set, is to take the lower one first, and then you have a lot to focus towards the top of the stairs.