How do I find the Digitalis making little "Thingy"?

Started by Otterbear, November 28, 2013, 09:43:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Otterbear

There is an enemy "Unit" that moves around and makes digitalis as it goes.(It also makes runners.)
I know this is programmable in the code.
Question: Is it a unit you can just add in the editor? I have been unable to find it.
Also looking for the code for the wall runners(?)...the units that move along the tops of walls and shoot.
It would be nice if we could get these types of units added to the editor, and have options like the other units. Emitters for example. (amount,speed, ect.)
TIA.

Grayzzur

Those are custom CRPL units, not units built in to the game. You can read up on CRPL on the wiki, and you can pull the CRPL scripts from any existing map to see how they work or copy them. To copy a map's scripts:

• make a new project
  • take a save game from the map you want to copy, place in your new project folder
  • replace the "save.cw3" file in the project with the saved game renamed to "save.cw3"
  • open the project, the scripts will be auto extracted to the scripts folder in your project
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker

Otterbear

Thank you Grayzzur!

Do you know if any of these awesome scripts will get incorporated into a later patch?
A kind of a pull down menu of great scripts or some such, would be nice.

TrickyDragon

You can copy scripts right from the wiki and place them on a project and put them on to any core.  Most writers explain what a script does on the first lines. I also think that the wiki home custom images for the crpl cores as well...
This is Life,  Life happens.