S-100-87 FUDCOTER beat in 3:38.6 Possible??

Started by Nephthys, November 18, 2013, 04:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nephthys

So in your opinion (meaning this forum of knowledgeable participants) would it be possible to beat the attached map that fast? 3:38.6 by an individual named "a". I've seen super fast times by "a" on a couple other maps. But seriously, 5 Emitters in under 3 minutes? Cheating or real?

Emitter rates are: 43/47/10/41/21. And there is one AoO = C .

Thoughts?

Lord_Farin

I don't have access to this map, but I think it should be possible to do it in around 5-6 minutes -- depending on where the weakest emitters are (and on the emitting intervals) because Prospector Zone allows for three CNs.
Behold, Nexus! Looketh skywards, for thy obliteration thence nighs, my foul enemy!

Nephthys

Quote from: Lord_Farin on November 18, 2013, 04:37:50 AM
... but I think it should be possible to do it in around 5-6 minutes -- depending on where the weakest emitters are (and on the emitting intervals) because Prospector Zone allows for three CNs.

Yeah, I gave some thought to that as well. It IS a large map.

I would love to learn how to take out 5 Emitters in under 4 minutes! So I guess a's times are real. If "a" frequents these forums, my apologies for doubting!

Again, I'd love to learn how to get close to 3 out of 5 Emitters over 40 that quickly. How do you generate enough energy to defend & Nullify? A lesson for another time. Maybe I'll browse YT for a bit.

Thanks for responding!

Godsbrother

Sounded like a challenge so I tried it.   I did it in 8:28.  I know I made at least a 3 minute mistake because I was fighting on two fronts and moved a mortar to another front too soon then stopped watching thinking the nullifier would finish without anymore attention.  Also could have built many more collectors for the single CN front which would have sped up that part more.  Spent almost no time deciding my strategy, possibly could have fought a three front war, or switched which side had 1 or 2 CNs.  So yeah, if played well and without mistake(ie, lots of saves) I think it's possible

edit:  a is good, but not unbeatable.  I've bested his times on a number of maps, surprised myself even.  Though seeing his good time before I started really got me thinking how to maximize my time.   Often times being aggressive pays off.    But on the other hand, I don't think I've ever beaten a time by rwx.  Would like to know how he/she does it
"If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true, and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."   Penn Jillette

Nephthys

Thanks for responding! I guess I am simply hopeless. lol

Ah, well. I enjoy playing. I was just amazed by that time. I am sorry I questioned it. From now on I will MMOB!  :)

Alter Old

Quote from: Godsbrother on November 18, 2013, 04:57:33 AM
But on the other hand, I don't think I've ever beaten a time by rwx.  Would like to know how he/she does it
With cheats. For example, map Langzen, S100-164 (with Artifact and Inhibitor). Let's say energy isn't limited. For a fast victory we need one Nullifier and at least five (can, six or even eight) Cannon is necessary. Three seconds will leave on a landing, 13 on Cannons build, about 8 on Cannons movement to a place of construction Nullifier, 27 on his build, 13 on charging, 2 on Inhibitor destruction. Summary 66 seconds at unlimited energy, without Artifact and instant destruction of a creeper in a place of Nullifier construction. rwx time is 69,4s.
With standart energy level we can build two Cannons and necessary waste time to build Collectors. But two even three Cannons aren't enough to be held creeper. Let there will be three. One Cannon use approx. 0.88 energy per second, building - 1.875, charging - 3.75. Considering Artifact we need ~3*0.88+1.875+1.875=6.4 energy level. Seven ideally located collectors and three Command produced 6.5 energy. Maybe without creeper we will manage in 69.4 seconds to build seven Collectors, then three Cannons, then move them and only then to build and charge Nullifier.

Calculations true, but conclusion incorrect. It seems that rwx use special features of Prospector Zone which aren't present in Arc Eternal (or I passed them). I apologize.
As usual, forgive for my English.

Ceraus

(In this topic about S100-23 Namira: http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14439.0)

Quote from: Ceraus on October 28, 2013, 04:36:45 AMAnd rwx is obviously cheating.

Quote from: Godsbrother on November 15, 2013, 01:22:32 AMI second that rwx must be cheating (or he's figured out a strategy I don't even have a hint at)
S100_125 Faratoft with a time of 1:17 is ludicrous, the inhibitor is surrounded be emmiters

Quote from: Ceraus on November 15, 2013, 04:48:57 AMI'll say that if rwx is not cheating, well, he's found strategies no one else thought about on tons of maps.

I don't understand where he gets his fun; he just blows through map after map with no challenge. If, at least, he trolled the leaderboards with an insulting screen name...

Ceraus

Alter Old, what are those special features you believe would explain rwx's seemingly ludicrous times?

RockyRaccoon

Alter Old

Ceraus
My time in Langzen, S100-164 - 65.6 sec. and theoretically it can be lowered for 2-3 seconds (I was tired to look for the best configuration). Use artifact 'M' (Fire Mass), 'F' (Fire Freeze) and 'C' (Fire Convert). Charge artifact and go to Orbital tab.
PS I passed Fudkotor without artifact use. Now all over again : ).
As usual, forgive for my English.

ea3401

Quote from: RockyRaccoon on November 23, 2013, 07:56:00 PM
There's 2 times ahead of 'a' now!

The 3 min-times should be all correct. Strategies for speed runs can be found here.