Alpha Sector: Terror bug?

Started by Use Terps, November 14, 2013, 02:50:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Use Terps

The intro dialogue says to connect all totems to win.  I have done so, but no victory screen.  Am I missing something?  Is this a bug?

J

Please post images in spoilers next time.
Are there any scores on the map yet? If not, it is highly likely a bug. He used my old, buggy version of the connect totems to win script, not sure if he updated them before the map was added.

Teilzeitphilosoph

Greetings.

I think that map is still buggy. I started it with version 1.10 and after a lot of fails I managed to conquer the map...but there is no exit. After a little browsing in the forum I found a new version (1.50) and so I updated my game, loaded the map but still no change. Even deactivating the totems or giving them 20 of 20 energy didnĀ“t help. Any ideas? Need the savegame? Let me know if I can help because I really want to finish that map. :)

Regards from germany.

Grauniad

Alpha sector maps are not necessarily updated when a new release of the game is made available. These maps are the responsibility of the map authors. In many cases you should view these maps as "abandonware". It either works, or it doesn't.

The Alpha sector merely permitted early release maps made during game development (and sometimes shared on Virgil's blog) to be available for those players wishing they had access to the same maps.

Version 1.50 that you downloaded is the public beta of Colonial Space where new maps can be made available to players.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Teilzeitphilosoph

The only reason I updated was because of this

http://knucklecracker.com/forums/index.php?topic=14505.0

Changes since 1.12
Nov 30, 2013: Fixed problem with CRPL compiler where it wouldn't generate syntax errors on mismatched parenthesis (problem introduced in 1.12).
Nov 30, 2013: Upgraded to Unity 4.3.1
Nov 25, 2013: Fixed scripts in TrickyDragon:Terror alpha mission so the mission completes.

So is that map considered to be a failure or should I just wait for the next patch or do I have to replay the whole map? If I can I choose the 2nd choice. :)

Grauniad

Well, the save file is actually a different game file than the original. The scripts in the save has not been "fixed". I'm afraid you'll have to restart from the beginning.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

hbarudi

version 2.01 steam: (updated from standalone game to steam key)
Alpha - trickydragon - terror:
The first packet into a totem nullified everything nullifiable for the enemy (was using the forge to progress in doing the map)
Then connecting the totems didn't work no victory at all
There is also this box with numbers on the side where we click structures weapons titans orbital.
Please fix this map for good.

Kharnellius

Quote from: hbarudi on April 13, 2014, 12:03:34 AM
version 2.01 steam: (updated from standalone game to steam key)
Alpha - trickydragon - terror:
The first packet into a totem nullified everything nullifiable for the enemy (was using the forge to progress in doing the map)
Then connecting the totems didn't work no victory at all
There is also this box with numbers on the side where we click structures weapons titans orbital.
Please fix this map for good.
Yep, same thing happened to me.  Weird.

Teilzeitphilosoph

I just got v2.04 from Steam...still buggy. :/

Although the behaviour is kinda funny. As soon as I power up one totem every emitter and spore-producer explodes. ^^
I would love to see a fix because besides "Troublesome Trains 02 - Freeplay" I managed to complete every other Alpha-map...without cheats. :)

hbarudi

version 2.08 steam
glitch still happens
screenshot:

Teilzeitphilosoph

Now we got v2.12....still buggy or is it just me?

J

I've seen no sign of alpha maps being fixed in the 2.12 update, so this one should still be impossible.

Karsten75

Teilzeitphilosoph

Karsten75

"There are no circumstances I can foresee where that would possibly happen,"