How Many Inhibitors Have you Destroyed?

Started by 4xC, November 13, 2013, 08:25:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIADETTA

Currently at 165 Inhibitors :-)

...  I am honestly not sure if any more are possible although I am still trying.  Used to get 1 or 2 a day, now down to zero in almost a week :-(  probably going to give up at this point and wait for Creeper Word 4 :-)  There is at least one solar system ( S200_106 ) that I do not think is possible to reach.  You need to get past Solar system # S200_198 to get to it and I dont think it is possible to get past it.  But I may try a few more times before giving up :-)

Probably my only complaint with this game is there are far too many maps that are impossible, which defeats the point of even having them in the game :-(    Other then that, It is my favorite defense/tower based game ever made :-)

Tjgalon

Are we sure they are unbeatable, I assume to have maps there, someone had to have beat them at least once, right?

asmussen

Quote from: Tjgalon on March 27, 2014, 05:08:27 PM
Are we sure they are unbeatable, I assume to have maps there, someone had to have beat them at least once, right?

Tormented space doesn't work like Colonial Space. It's a selection of maps generated using the DMD device, with no guarantee that they are completable.
Shawn Asmussen

MIADETTA

Yeah, I am pretty bummed about it I must admit.  I really wanted to clear the screen LOL :-)  There are only a handful left and like a true psycho path, i keep going around and around and retrying the impossible ones LOL.   I keep thinking I may find a different strategy on one or two and break out of my rut LOL.  I am happy to throw in a screen shot of the Tormented Space map if I can figure out how to do it...

As a point of note, I have only been doing the inhibitor levels though.  I have not been trying to clear every solar system, so it goes a little faster that way.  There was a point a few weeks back, where there is a spot at the top of the screen with like 8 or 9 solar systems that were blocked by a couple of ( seemingly ) impossible Inhibitor levels, but then i finally got past them and the ones that were blocked turned out to be actually pretty easy.

However, that one I mentioned in my previous post truly seems impossible.  I have seen a few comments about people who have ( cheated ) to get past a few of the impossible levels just to get to the ones that are blocked, but I must admit I am not even smart enough to figure out how to ( cheat ) LOL.  Although I am finally frustrated enough to look into it LOL.  ( well.... almost that frustrated.... :-))

Also a final note, thank you for pointing out that these maps were generated automatically...  I am pleased to see that these maps can potentially be impossible as they were randomly generated, it makes me feel a little less stressed about it LOL.  However, it seems that even if there are truly impossible levels, they should have at least made it possible to get around them somehow by attaching another Inhibitor level to them from the side and not lock out other solar systems behind them :-(  Meaning that there is at least one solar system that I will never even see :-(  Like a phantom itch I will never scratch LOL

At this point I think i will go back to the other maps and clear out some more of the ones that were harder to me in the beginning.  Perhaps after spending hundreds of hours on Tormented space the earlier maps that I skipped will seem easy by comparison LOL...  

Anyway, thanks again for one of the finest games I have ever played.  I truly cant remember being this thoroughly pleased with a game since perhaps the very first Sim City game like 20 or 25 years ago LOL :-)  Or perhaps Rise of Nations... That was a game I could never understand why they never put out a sequel.  Kicked butt on every other Civilization game I have personally played :-)

Cheers all and best wishes from Denver Colorado :-)

Jim359

26, and climbing.  Just bought CW3 when it came out on Steam.  I too like to beat all the maps in a system.  I also will most likely never be top score as I like to build a "fancy" base in almost all worlds.  This means smoothing and rebuilding a significant part of a map once I get a secure border set up.

hbarudi

not a single one yet since I am doing alpha sector all the time and almost completed the sector with 10 very annoying maps left, but I did 1 map in the first system, I used two save files, one ready to nullify the last emitter, and the other waited at least 10 minutes on that emitter before nullifying it, then I got that steam achievement, speaking of which I have to nullify 50 inhibitors in the tormented space, but all the maps are tedious with 100+ strength emitters threatening to overrun my base and needing to build 50-100+ reactors 1 by 1 to have a chance at beating any map, wish reactors cost 25, this would really make a difference, I did finish alpha - grauniad - waternaris though

MIADETTA

176 And Holding !!!

Alright folks - I feel quite strongly that is the highest number achievable without cheating or mods of any kind.

although to be fair, there are at least 2 or 3 more that I think may be possible if you have better patience then I do, but after like 75 tries each, i just don't have it in me....  Really really close on a few, but just too much creep and/or spores on most of them to even be possible in anything less then a perfect world...  It seems on some of them if you got rid of the spores, then they might be possible, and on others, if you just got rid of one or two of the creep emitters, there might be a fighting chance, but honestly, my goal of 180 inhibitors is starting to seem silly now LOL :-)

If anyone has an inhibitor count higher then 176 i would truly like to see it...  I dont have much hair left and most of it I pulled out on the last 15 or so... 

I am considering putting a list together of the remaining 24 solar systems that I believe are either impossible, or very very likely impossible...  ( actually 23 confirmed as I have yet to unlock one of them as mentioned in my previous posts. )

Wish there was a way to modify just one feature on each of the remaining maps so I could finish them with an asterisk next to them or something LOL.... 

I HATE to leave a map unfinished...

For comparison, i am working on getting prospector completely White... All green was pretty easy, now I am slowly Whiting them out :-)  did all the 2/2 and 3/3 and 4/4 and slowly working on 1/5 on up to the 1/10's...  Nothing but time burn at this point because the prospector maps compared to tormented space are ridiculously easy as I am sure most would agree...

Cheers and thanks again for a truly wonderful Game :-))))