S 100-23 Nanmira

Started by Katra, October 19, 2013, 09:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katra

This one has me beat. Tiny map with digitalis lapping onto the pad and everything else getting overflowed no matter what I could do.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Yalichenta

this one is quite similar to the S100-49 Nancorp III, that caused trouble to Anarchy Ape, perhaps a tad harder (I was also way more tired when I tried it). Managed it in 29mn55, I guess I could do ~15mn if I weren't half asleep (tek isn't the only one alowed to use this excuse !).

Anyway, here are are a few screenshots and tips for that map :

Same as for Nancorp, I started by taking the time artifact and using it asap on the most dangerous emitter (the one next to the inhibitor). I then built 3 cannons to deal with the digitalis (I had 2 setted to "digitalis only" to be sure it would not grow, and one to delay creeper a bit), and still decided to take the ore mine+sprayer. Then it was just mortar+reactors (and droping the 3rd base back to the map everytime it got sent back to orbit) until I could contain the creeper... then I slacked a bit and destroyed the inhibitor (directly) with my mortars+a strafer.

Build reactor one by one, and try to place mortars where they are most needed (where creeper is deepest/closest to your network. Avoid building extra cannons to soon, and deactivate them if it seems they are not helping killing creeper (if the mortars can manage the creeper alone, the PC bullets won't help, but will cost much needed energy). Don't hesitate to pause often (usually I play with x2 speed, but pause each time I want to issue an order (build/move/target), and then unpause until I want to issue another order...), and save every 3-5mn if you're not confident about your timing (use 2-3 different save slot, to be able to backtrack 3-10mn in the past if you ever notice you did a mistake (eg if you let a mortar/cannon die, or see that you placed a unit at a very bad spot...).

Also my 3rd command node (the one in the lower-right locating) "died" maybe 6-7time during the mission, but don't forget to always re-drop it as soon as it's ready to come back (I placed it directly in the creeper next to my network, it gave an extra 1.5energy for ~30sec, went back to orbit 30sec, I called it back...

Anyway good luck on that map. As for Nancorp III if you manage to beat it you should be able to progress decently in tormented space

Katra

I finally beat it using a different strategy. A wall via terp, a cannon set to digitalis only (to keep keep any more command nodes from getting booted back to orbit) and a couple mortars finally made a position I could hold. Then I began to build forward slowly - terraforming virtually every bit of ground I took until near the end.

My time sucks; but I was in 4X or pause for most of it.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Ceraus

Got 7:54. At the beginning, I over-extended my Collector network, building 2 Cannons set to Digitalis to hold said Digitalis back. I added Reactors and Mortars, along with one Sprayer and additional Cannon, and I soon had enough energy for a single-Shield push.

Here's how it looked at 4:17.

Ceraus

Also: I got two Emitters under the Freeze (the two left of the Inhibitor), which certainly helped. And as a general tip: a Collector is better than Reactors as long as it covers at least 1/4 of its max area.

And rwx is obviously cheating.

Godsbrother

I second that rwx must be cheating (or he's figured out a strategy I don't even have a hint at)
S100_125 Faratoft with a time of 1:17 is ludicrous, the inhibitor is surrounded be emmiters
If I'm wrong then 1. I apologize for accusing and 2. Please tell me how you did it
"If every trace of any single religion were wiped out and nothing were passed on, it would never be created exactly that way again. There might be some other nonsense in its place, but not that exact nonsense. If all of science were wiped out, it would still be true, and someone would find a way to figure it all out again."   Penn Jillette

Ceraus

I'll say that if rwx is not cheating, well, he's found strategies no one else thought about on tons of maps.

I don't understand where he gets his fun; he just blows through map after map with no challenge. If, at least, he trolled the leaderboards with an insulting screen name...

pyaehtetaung

Quote from: Ceraus on November 15, 2013, 04:48:57 AM
I'll say that if rwx is not cheating, well, he's found strategies no one else thought about on tons of maps.

I don't understand where he gets his fun; he just blows through map after map with no challenge. If, at least, he trolled the leaderboards with an insulting screen name...
Anyone know rwx's strategies?
I wanted to know.
What is rwx's strategies?

Clean0nion

Quote from: pyaehtetaung on November 29, 2013, 12:46:12 PM
Quote from: Ceraus on November 15, 2013, 04:48:57 AM

Anyone know rwx's strategies?
I wanted to know.
What is rwx's strategies?
Hacking, most likely.
Although I'm sure we've all been tempted by it - especially those like me who are actually incapable of playing for time and therefore don't often appear on these threads - it spoils the game for everyone else.
rwx has no strategy. He/she hacks.