[Prospector] Missed relics.

Started by Flo, October 11, 2013, 10:19:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flo

Hi everyone.
(I'm not fluent in English)

I've started the Prospector zone and I've a lots of fun looking for all the relics.
But I have a question. Is there a way to see the relics that we have missed in a world ?

When a world is finished, there a green sphere around him (in the solar system view).
When we have played in it but not finished, the aura is yellow.
But there are no indication that show if all the relics where taken (and finishing a world doesn't make you gain a relic automaticly).

J

Best thing you can do is to make sure you've collected them all before leaving the world. Then you know that you've collected all AoO's on all completed maps.

Flo

With hundreds of relics (maybe thousands) I think that almost everyone may miss one of them.
I don't want to have to do all the worlds again if I miss only one.

There are many reasons for that, beeing tired and not paying attention, deactivate a relic to use the energy in a more urgent construction and forgeting to reactivate it, to be too focused on the victory and forgeting to take the relic ...

I hope that a little something will be added to show where we missed one.

Grauniad

If you prospect for gold nuggets, there is no little light bulb that goes on to tell you when you missed one.

If you pick up spilled marbles, there is no indication where the one is that you missed. In fact, unless you know how many marbles you dropped, you may never know you missed one. :)

In the hunt for AoO, the spoils go to the most alert prospector.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

TrickyDragon

Also, You can continue worlds from where You left off, even if they are already beaten.....
This is Life,  Life happens.

Katra

If the relic is far into deep creeper/enemy territory you can activate it via guppy. Particularly handy where the inhibitor is easy to get at and a relic far behind it.

Yes I let a couple go on my early conquests of prospector zone worlds.  :-[ Hadn't thought of catching them via air power...
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Nephthys

So far I think I picked up all the relics in the worlds I've played in Prospector Zone. I've found them to be pretty useful. I suppose you could jump around worlds & just collect relics, but my soul won't let me do that. I have to have the Victory Dance!

What I really want to know is how Our Favorite Genius came up with the planet names. Are they true names found on the NASA site, or did he just throw a bunch of Scrabble tiles around & see what looked good?  ;D

Grauniad

Quote from: Nephthys on October 23, 2013, 05:10:19 AM

What I really want to know is how Our Favorite Genius came up with the planet names. Are they true names found on the NASA site, or did he just throw a bunch of Scrabble tiles around & see what looked good?  ;D

Some beta players contributed to a list of name components - prefix, suffix and, (I guess) "fix" for the middle part? Virgil then ran a program to assemble them randomly and then added some interesting sounding place names from foreign countries. The list were checked and some of the name parts were discarded when they yielded dubious-sounding names.

From the rest, Virgil took as many as he needed.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Nephthys

Quote from: Grauniad on October 23, 2013, 06:15:27 AM
Some beta players contributed to a list of name components - prefix, suffix and, (I guess) "fix" for the middle part? Virgil then ran a program to assemble them randomly and then added some interesting sounding place names from foreign countries. The list were checked and some of the name parts were discarded when they yielded dubious-sounding names.

From the rest, Virgil took as many as he needed.

Thank you for that info. Once again, you have the answer(s) to my question(s). May I refer to you as My Personal Genius?  ;)