jovencoting

Started by Someone, October 06, 2013, 10:51:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Someone

i dont know if i am noob or not,but this map is beatable or not???

Grauniad

it works best if you give the map-co-ordinates. For instance

S200_75: Barelkor is where I'm at. :) I recall Jovencoting, but not which sector it is in.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Someone

sry G
its S200_101 Jovencoting

Grauniad

Now I see. Yes, I do remember that map and I've had to abandon it as well. It's above my skill level. Small and vicious.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Someone

hmmm, it doesnt have score though,its really impossible then

Someone

Btw G,do we get something if we clear all of each sector??

J

Quote from: Someone on October 06, 2013, 11:19:24 AM
Btw G,do we get something if we clear all of each sector??
Post a screenshot and we will praise you for your giant achievement

teknotiss

Quote from: Someone on October 06, 2013, 11:18:47 AM
hmmm, it doesnt have score though,its really impossible then

not necessarily, but it is a toughy. that's the reason for the tormented name!  :D

edit: make that insanely tough, but i think it's doable, a player with exceptional timing and patience is required  ::)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Someone

if anyone able to finish this,pls post it  ;D ;D

TrickyDragon

call kithros... he will tell you if it can be done
This is Life,  Life happens.

knucracker

I'd love to be able to grab that conversion AoO on the left of the map... I can get it charged to 16/25 but can't manage to get it otherwise.  If I could get that, maybe it could buy enough time to build a small base on the landing pad area.  Other than that, wow... I have no idea which way to proceed.

The Creep Destroyer

I tried getting an ore rig, and then a spitter and blaster. I lasted for a little bit.

My ore rig died fast, so I didn't have Much AC to work with.
Starcraft 2... where the creeper dies to nukes.
I use lightmage to record my scores.

Valley

Quote from: virgilw on October 06, 2013, 08:26:10 PM
I'd love to be able to grab that conversion AoO on the left of the map... I can get it charged to 16/25 but can't manage to get it otherwise.  If I could get that, maybe it could buy enough time to build a small base on the landing pad area.  Other than that, wow... I have no idea which way to proceed.

Comforting.. I have a couple of maps planned out. Will have to add this to the list.

Hunter Seeker

I'd like to see what mathcraft other people can do on this map.  If i did my math right and i used updated unit data then: this map generates about 2348 creeper per second.  This is not entirely accurate due to rounding due to frames but its a close number unless i really messed up my math.  PC max damage/second is 30 and mortar is 53.  PC can do 40 damage/energy and mortar would be 53.7 damage/energy.  We would need over 43 mortar to keep the creeper at bay, without advancing.  This map looks to be a good candidate for impossible.
Aspire to Inspire

Neko187

Hunter...
Creeper doesn't really work that way. Well, not usually... it WOULD work that way if the flow rate was 1.0 not 0.2.
the fact that only a bit flows into each adjacent cell makes a HUGE difference. Each emitter actually produces around 83%^(Frames Delay) less than they say they do.
I suppose V should verify this...
Everything is too long a list to work with.
No one knows everything about anything.
No one knows something about everything.
Everyone knows something about something.
Anyone could be the world's foremost expert on something.
Anyone who thinks that just because they didn't already know a thing, it must not be true or important, is an idiot.
-OSC