Map Ratings

Started by knucracker, December 11, 2009, 03:13:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tero

If I think a map is unwinnable, I'll give it one star.  Perhaps the comments area is the answer to determining if a map winnable or not.  If enough players (say 12 of them) think that a map is unrealistic, then it should be pulled from the site.  And, at the least, the author notified and given an opportunity to alter their map.
I respect those who quote me the least.

Xylnalya

What I noticed is, I'm able to rate the same map more then one time. My guess is it restricts the votes through the IP (since I don't know how you structued it), which'd mean most people can vote every map once a day. I'm not sure if that's the way it was intended.

Karsten75

Quote from: Xylnalya on January 04, 2010, 02:38:05 PM
What I noticed is, I'm able to rate the same map more then one time. My guess is it restricts the votes through the IP (since I don't know how you structued it), which'd mean most people can vote every map once a day. I'm not sure if that's the way it was intended.

If you connect/disconnect, you may get a different IP addy. That will allow you to vote again. If you are on dial-up you will be able to get more IP addys than someone on broadband that doesn't disconnect often.

If you take your lpatop to Starbucks or the Library., you'll be able to vote again.

SPIFFEN

Would be nice if custom maps had different ratings .

Easy , medium , hard should have its own ratings like :

Most downloaded
Most played
Best Rating
And so on

This can be for :
Ever
Last month
Last week
Today

If you get my drift =P
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links