All of Haloguys Crazy Campaigns/Series/Mazes

Started by haloguy48, December 09, 2009, 08:21:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haloguy48

Quote from: CyberDyneSystems on January 11, 2010, 05:18:37 PM
Six was tough, very tough. Some of the earlier ones were a very easy,. but you did build a curve in there. 6 is your most ambitious and time consuming Map.
FYI,. I played Darkness 7 as well, and on the first try managed to survive until the huge Spore attack came in and knocked everything out.. I'm thinking this was about 19-20 minutes or so?

I don't know if that one is winnable at all... but it was still fun to try and stay alive.

Thanks for the feedback! Its good to hear feedback on it with some description in it. Part 7 is a ny impossible level. Ive beat it by going for an early capture of 3 of the 4 totems, and when 10 hit, linked the last one. I had a few fully powered turrets i used to cap on the new emitters and barely made it out. Even than, I only did this once. After all the Darkness Series is done, thats part 7 is a level I do plan to remake easier, and even possibly with the newer stuff.

On 6, yea this was supposed to be a hard challenge. Which one did you play? All 3 of the updated 6 are beatable, its just they very on how I wanted them. The Final is about as close as I got to making it good. It still ate that walls, but filled in the 'regular mazing ground' to a point. Sad to say, I am out of ideas how to make that one any better. But I am glad you enjoyed the series. any ideas for future or possible fixes for older ones I am open to suggestions. Also thanks for taking your time to respond in this topic!

HG48
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
Building campaigns from the echos of forgotten experiences.
~Pew Pew Pew!~

haloguy48

Part 9 and 10 are up, what do you all think of them? I am planning on ending the series at 12. It was a good run guys  :P
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Joykill

Some quick comments here...

- on map 6: it was a frun and refreshing concept, and somewhat of a challenge :)
- on map 7: just cant seem to finish that one, might try the real quick connecting the totems tactic one more time... but nice idea once again, love the prison ai :)

going to download the next maps now...

SPIFFEN

Maybe you could edit your first post again ,
so all maps is in the first post .
Then its faster to get your maps ,
when they arent spread all over the thread ,
looks like this thread will be big =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
My maps : http://knucklecracker.com/creeperworld/viewmaps.php?author=SPIFFEN
How to make links

haloguy48

Quote from: SPIFFEN on January 16, 2010, 06:17:52 PM
Maybe you could edit your first post again ,
so all maps is in the first post .
Then its faster to get your maps ,
when they arent spread all over the thread ,
looks like this thread will be big =)

Max of 5 add-ons per post D=

@Joykill. Yeah number 7 is a VERY hard map.It takes time to do that. I suggest find the time it takes for the totem to power up, than start at that time till it hits 10minuntes. Its not cheating, just getting ahead of yourself  :P But when the series is done, number 7 will be remade easier. Thanks for the response!
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Joykill

just played the rest of the maps :)

Drones were the key for map 8 :) once I had 6 I had them non stop bombing the areas with the most creep... :)

Took some searching for the correct placement of the relays to connect totems on map 9 but it was a straightforward map :)

and map 10 was a nice map as well :)

As I said already, keep up the good work, any eta on the next map?

Karsten75

Got to talking with Haloguy48 about his series "The Darkness" and how fast one can beat the first map wile still picking up the artifacts in the right order.

Not posting a pic, 'cuz that'd give my secret sauce away.  :)

haloguy48

Would just like to announce, that with the release of The Darkness Part 9 and Part 10, I have pinged a total of 2096 TOTAL of people downloading. Would like to say thanks for all who kept with the series and let me share my map with so many different people. A new series, Nothing but Void , will challenge even the greatest of us Creeper Hunters out there. Throwing the plot of seeing nothing and using the emitters to light the way, these maps will easily have a higher grade of hardness than the regular map. I hope you all enjoy it, and give me as much feedback as possible.... Also, kicking off my Creepy Maze series back into throttle. So expect the end of the Darkness, Some Mazes, and Total Blackness in the near future!
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

haloguy48

I got a few questions for anyone who has happened to read this and played a certain map of mine.

The map, "Nothing but Void, Part 1" was going to be a series, but I do not know if the general Creeper community or anyone for that matter really liked the new type of map and was wondering if people wanted to give me feedback on either the map and if I should continue the series of it.

My plan on release stuff is as follows:

Nothing but Void,Part 2(if people liked the first and would play a 2nd)
Creepy Maze,lvl 3
The Darkness, Part 11
~Fun map~(no name yet)
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

Kamron3

I should put in that I've tested 55% of his maps, he stopped because I called them all too easy.

_k

haloguy48

Quote from: Kamron3 on January 25, 2010, 12:11:08 AM
I should put in that I've tested 55% of his maps, he stopped because I called them all too easy.

_k

Yet you leave no reasonable feedback =o
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~

SPIFFEN

I've played Nothing but Void, Part 1 , and scored 8099 ,
so it cant be to hard then =P
But it's the first map . so then it should be easy =)

But i liked the map because when you get to an new palce ,
you dont know what it looks like =)
Its like you have to feel your way ahead in totally darkness ,
like in an dark cellar you've never been .

I hope you make some more maps like this =)
PLZ THINK ABOUT WHAT YOU CALL YOUR TOPIC ! It will make the search work better =)
How to make links

SPIFFEN

Need hint n tips with pics for map/part 5 and 7 plz .
How to make links

SPIFFEN

BUMP still need :
Need hint n tips with pics for map/part 5 and 7 plz .
How to make links

haloguy48

Sadly I cant give 'good' hints right now as i am not on my computer(explains my late reply, sozzeh! )  :(... what I can say though starting with 5 is that  build up both defenses evenly, once you got a nice hold on it start by pushing to whichever side you fine easier and create just enough rooms to grab those totems, than do the other on the same side. You will need to build a good amount of reactors. if it starts to become a problem where the boxes are almost done, setup some motors near them to slow it down, or if you have everything secure to start with do that.

Now on Darkness 7, this is easily the HARDEST map I made, it was supposed to be hard, but this was is riding near impossible. once you move the city to the site, build out to the left and set up a defense on both sides.(playing off of memory) those 2 emitters do not start until 10 minutes is up, but are extremely fast. so build some motors and blasters up more near the end. capture all but 1 totem, and when it hits ~ 9:53-9:59 have a collector start sending to it so it is captured by 10:00. if it isnt capped within seconds for 10:00, your toast. sorry to say. Darkness 7 will be one of the ones I will go back to re-do.
~Pew Pew Pew!~ 
~Pew Pew Pew!~