Under Siege feedback

Started by Kushiban, December 09, 2009, 04:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushiban

If you can give me some feedback about the custom map "Under Siege", I'll be pleased ;)

I know a way to make it more difficult : don't pre-build the front defences
or
restrict the mortars and/or drones, but i don't think it's possible :(

Mrmcdeath

If you want to restrict the mortars or drones then ask to join the beta and use the beta map maker. It has the ability to let you choose what weapons you want in it. So you could restrict mortars and drones.
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Qbear

The spores were crazy.  Four drones kept the center dry by bombing the rear, while I slowly advanced the SAMS to get in range.  Took a while to build up enough energy to keep the SAMS supplied, but after that, the end result wasn't in question.  I didn't use mortars, but it took a lot of concentration to keep the drone waves going.

Kushiban

last spore wave are 12 spores every 14 seconds ...

anyway, it takes time (6 minutes) to "build the catapults" and 2 more minutes for them to aim well (and bomb you every 14s)
you have the time to be prepared

Hint : use storage and speed to resuply the SAM even during an attack

@Mr McDeath, i think i'll wait for the next update

Aurzel

ok after playing this map i have to say i enjoyed it quite a lot, it was the spores that were the threat not the creeper so i turned off the blasters and concentrated on getting as much energy as i could and building a few sams, three at first to completely cover the area then more energy and slowly more and more sams till i had a whole line of them, then after i have a lot of energy and the 12 every 14 seconds waves started i built an extra line of sams behind the first for safety's sake, i built up a lot of energy stores, reactors and speeds to keep my sams well supplied and whenever the creeper looked to be piling up i turned the blasters on for a few seconds just after a spore wave had been blown up
once i was ready to advance i turned the blasters on and built a row of collectors just in front of the blasters as well as four drones to bomb the back, after that it was a simple matter of pushing the sams forward till i could land the blasters next to an emitter and build a relay there to supply them, it took a while but its well in hand after the first few minutes, good map