RUN AWAY Feedback

Started by Chasofito, December 08, 2009, 07:07:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chasofito

So I've started a series of maps which leads yet another herd of human survivors against the ever spreading amorphous blob. The major goal in working on this is to explore unusual map designs and use some vaguely witty dialogue to essentially offset the usual seriousness of the game though there will be an unfolding plot for this as it continues at least.

I hope the maps prove fairly challenging or at least interesting. I am by no means an expert or very competent player so I cant accurately gauge the difficulty very well. The maps are essentially hard when it comes to someone like me so I tweak them with that in mind.

Feedback is appreciated.

CH 1- RUN AWAY
CH 2- LOST

Mrmcdeath

I like you idea and map designs. They look like they took a bit of time to make. After many failed attempts to make a base before the creeper got me, I found the easiest way to win is with a quick victory. I made it with time to spare.  ;D
Life Lesson #1
When life gives you lemons make lemonade.
Life Lesson #2
Unless life also gives you sugar and a cup, your lemonades gonna suck.

Aurzel

amorphorous blob ... thats an arnold rimmer quote :P
from the series 4 red dwarf episode camille if i'm not mistaken ;)

anyway i always like strange maps so good going

Qbear

Yeah, the first one was way too easy.  I just built relays to the totems and never even had to fire a single shot at the creeper.  I haven't tried the second one yet.

Chasofito

I admit outright the first one is yes easy as a speed run. The level was probably approached the wrong way as it was to appear as a city. I assure you however it will ramp up from then on though as we move into the actual running.

Qbear

Second was pretty easy too.  The creeper is just too thin to make it very hard.  Maybe consider putting the totems closer to the emitters or upping the intensity.