OceanBlue Feedback

Started by knucracker, December 06, 2009, 10:31:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Shew....
Man, that took some serious drone action.  It took a continuous unyielding air force to deal with this map.

djcian

not just the drones but the power was also a problem for me.  i literally had no space to place power generators and was still losing power. i had to delete buildings for more space to build because of those small spaces too small for buildings i finally got to it after building five lazers who were still doing good despite the power problem and i managed to get something close enough in time.  i would of made it a hard map though. 
grant me the serenity to accept the things i can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference

Caprica

It really only takes a 2-3 mortars to keep the ocean in check and a small drone squad with 2-3 bomb runs to reveal the island platforms. then move out the mortars... you'll only need the blasters for the final push towards the totem...

if you build more mortars than you need they'll only use up energy shooting at low level creeper...

Any other strategies and indeed, it'll be a lot harder. I did it in under 20 min and had about 1/3 of the east bank still unbuilt.
maybe i could hide some more hints in the artifact.

Qbear

Good map.  Even with 4 mortars, the little islands would flood, so constant drone action is seemingly required.  But once I got mortars to the far bank, it's an easy win from there, provided you have enough energy.