Making CW2 maps, for dummies.

Started by Ebon Heart, August 21, 2011, 03:19:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Katra

I've seen several maps where you don't need beacons to keep units in contact with the LS, but I can't figure out how to do it. Where do I find this option?
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Fisherck

Quote from: Katra on September 10, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
I've seen several maps where you don't need beacons to keep units in contact with the LS, but I can't figure out how to do it. Where do I find this option?
It is under general setting. It is called ambient lighting. All you need to do is click it.(this is a new feature ;))
My CW2 Maps
My CW1 Maps
Quote from: Sqaz on August 28, 2011, 02:49:35 PM
The comments are here to comment, dare to use them.

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Katra on September 10, 2011, 08:15:29 PM
that's under "the basics". :P
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

Katra

:-[ Hidden in plain sight.  ;) Thanks.
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Ebon Heart

The guide is now up to date. :D mostly just the warning, and the drone payload feature, but there's also a few minor changes.

eudrick

I took the liberty of editing the wiki and added a couple of place holders for missing info.  I think I found all of the typos (maybe, kinda) :-\
Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig.
Lazarus Long, Time Enough For Love, Robert A. Heinlein

Ebon Heart

Thanks, Eudrick. Think you could point them out here, so I can correct the forum guide?

yui56

Does anyone know what "Drip Mode" does for a field?  I can't seem to figure out how to use it.

UpperKEES

Quote from: yui56 on October 25, 2011, 12:25:14 PM
Does anyone know what "Drip Mode" does for a field?  I can't seem to figure out how to use it.

'Drip Mode' is only useful for moving pin fields. It makes sure that a moving pin field doesn't pick up more Creeper along its route until the loop starts over again.
My CW1 maps: downloads - overview
My CW2 maps: downloads - overview

davidp

Dearest map creators,

I love most of your maps.  Some are really annoying though.  Here's some of my personal comments:

1.  Don't put stuff on the top few rows of the map where it is obscured by the score/stats.  It is annoying.
2.  Don't change the creeper colors.  It is confusing.  If you have a good reason to change them...I don't think you do.  :P
3.  Do you really need emitters that have more than one health?  Really?  Do I need to sit there for an extra 5 minutes waiting on nullifiers?

Sincerely,

Your biggest fan

Grauniad

Dear davidp,
  I share your sentiments, but it is my belief that some (not all) map makers make maps to purposely be annoying.

If you are in need to play a well-made map, with interesting strategies, try this one. It could serve as an example for many map makers here.
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on November 11, 2011, 01:20:11 PM
Dear davidp,
  I share your sentiments, but it is my belief that some (not all) map makers make maps to purposely be annoying.

If you are in need to play a well-made map, with interesting strategies, try this one. It could serve as an example for many map makers here.
now that map is a perfect example of one of my pet peeves. No title, and the author didn't even bother giving a description.

Grauniad

If you discuss that map in it's proper place, we can have that discussion. Here we're wildly off-topic. (One of *my* pet peeves).
A goodnight to all and to all a good night - Goodnight Moon

lich98

Quote from: Grauniad on November 18, 2011, 03:54:31 PM
If you discuss that map in it's proper place, we can have that discussion. Here we're wildly off-topic. (One of *my* pet peeves).

only your pet peeve because you moniter the forums, discussions in real life don't always stay where they should.
I love Mickey Mouse more than any woman I've ever known.
-Walt Disney
This is like deja vu all over again.
-Yogi Berra

Ebon Heart

Quote from: Grauniad on November 18, 2011, 03:54:31 PM
It seems like you're the one who got us off topic, GR. :P I'm not the one who got us started on which maps are good or bad.   ;) Anyways, back on topic before the Old Man's son locks this thing down. What do you guys know about AC emitters? I haven't had a chance to play with them so far. I know there have been a few other updates as well, which I should probably include here.