How to paint struct?

Started by Qwerty Quazo, September 19, 2016, 05:13:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

Sorrontis

bottom center of the map editor. there's a little bar
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

GoodMorning

Is there an option for structure-painting in-game? I thought I recalled an editor setting...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Ovalcircle

There is a setting in the editor that allows struc to be built in game. While in the editor, there should be an Edit struc button above the bottom rectangle thing. There is also the same button for missions. The ability to create struc in mission must be enabled in the mission editor. Refer to pictures for specifics. Creating struc is like using the rock burner, except you create struc instead of burning rocks(obviously). Also, using the edit struc button only puts the x's or line things. You still need to use a lathe to make the actual struc.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

GoodMorning

So, in-mission Struc creation uses the same button. That explains the button location, as it has to potentially avoid the rock burner button. My question was whether it had yet been implemented or not.

Ovalcircle

Yes, but it needs to be enabled in the mission editor. So if the box to allow struc creation is not checked, then the button will not show up.
[REDACTED]

"If you are good at something, never do it."

GoodMorning

I can tell that much from the name of the setting. I had half-forgotten that it (the setting for in-game creation) existed, and was confirming that I wasn't mis-remembering. I knew that if it was there, I hadn't tested it, and so I wondered. Thanks, however.