Mission 14 bug

Started by Fireball14, September 19, 2016, 02:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fireball14

In new mission there is unpowered defense cannon. That by all logic should be powered.
http://imgur.com/a/5aqqp

knucracker

It's an enemy cannon and not in range of any enemy energy source... That was true at the start of the mission.  I debated whether to leave it that way or not.  It's a possible early strategic target because of this.  Not sure it gains any ground to run over then with a tanker though.

In your screen shot as soon as you flip it to your side your energy mine (with expanded range) should start to power it.

Fireball14

Yeah, just tout you missed it. BTW i'm not entirely sure, but i think mission name completed achievement shows on bottom right side of a screen, and CEO % achievement  shows on bottom center...or i'm imagining thing.

knucracker

You might be remembering the steam achievement popping up.  Those show in the bottom right.

Fireball14

Final dialog: Director Amicus, you have the conn.

Quote from: virgilw on September 19, 2016, 03:26:17 PM
You might be remembering the steam achievement popping up.  Those show in the bottom right.
Yeah this mast be it.

GoodMorning

Also, there's a possible oversight:
Spoiler

The data cache in the NW corner can be collected by dropping the HQ within lathe range.
[close]

And what does the "C" in "C. Class" stand for? I replayed the mission specifically to find out, and it doesn't say...
A narrative is a lightly-marked path to another reality.

Karsten75

Quote from: GoodMorning on September 19, 2016, 11:25:56 PM
Spoiler

The data cache in the NW corner can be collected by dropping the HQ within lathe range.
[close]

And what does the "C" in "C. Class" stand for? I replayed the mission specifically to find out, and it doesn't say...

Legend has it "Conqueror" - it's absolutely not true that it is an oblique reference to the NCC-160 registry ship of another era.

harrymcb

I wondered if it was a reference to "constitution" class of a certain famous starship that is similarly shaped

Spoiler
to leave no doubt I mean the first enterprise
[close]

GoodMorning

I had wondered... but had also encountered (in another eventuality) a "Crusher Class".

knucracker

Show me a picture of where you place the HQ to collect the cache.  I'm probably not being creative enough but I'm having a hard time managing to get the cache without being taken out by particles.

Karsten75

Quote from: virgilw on September 20, 2016, 09:37:56 AM

Show me a picture of where you place the HQ to collect the cache.  I'm probably not being creative enough but I'm having a hard time managing to get the cache without being taken out by particles.

This? Not that it's a big deal, one still has to win the mission?

knucracker

Ah... wasn't getting ship nuzzled up north enough.

GoodMorning

Merely for dialogue ordering.

Nicant

There is also a dialog error as well. In the begging dialog, one of Ogun says "know" when it should be "Known".
CW4 hype!!