Easy Tormented Space and Hard Prospector Zone maps

Started by Flash1225, February 05, 2015, 03:49:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Flash1225

Yeah, I know. Hard to find either of these. But hey, there's got to be a few of them lying around. Tell me what you think are some "easy" Tormented Space maps and "hard" Prospector Zone maps.
Considering how many turns my life has taken (good and bad), I'm still fairly neutral to it all. I take the hits, I don't react overly.

pawel345

Well in those sectors the difficulty is mostly made by map size so very large Tormented space maps will be easy and very small prospector zone maps will be the hard ones.

Tex

Yeah, it's kinda subjective what you mean by "hard" or "easy" for the maps.  I'm not a fan of the very small maps (especially on Tormented space) where it's difficult to survive initially and to finish the map.  The bigger the map in Tormented space, the easier it is.

I'm enjoying more trying to beat the times posted on maps -- so hard would be a map where you see a very fast time (that you believe is not posted by a cheater) and try to beat the time. 

How about this?  Find the very lower left corner of Prospector space (S100_91).  Looking at it, it has four maps, and I have played them all.  Don't recall any of them, but I appear to have posted the lowest times currently.  Can you post a faster time than mine in any of them?  (Ignore the times by rwx -- all of his times are cheats.)  If you can beat a time, leave a message and others can try that mission and see if someone can figure out how to match your time.

Or if you prefer, post a system number and time to beat and we can try to take a look at it.  But please describe where it is, since I have no idea how to find systems without looking through them one by one.

stdout

Quote from: Tex on February 17, 2015, 10:36:21 PMHow about this?  Find the very lower left corner of Prospector space (S100_91).  Looking at it, it has four maps, and I have played them all.  Don't recall any of them, but I appear to have posted the lowest times currently.  Can you post a faster time than mine in any of them?  (Ignore the times by rwx -- all of his times are cheats.)  If you can beat a time, leave a message and others can try that mission and see if someone can figure out how to match your time.

Tex, I am pleased to say that I beat your time on S100_91: Erisar.  ;D

Tex

Very impressive!  It shows a time of "1:09.0" on there for "stdout".  I tried to improve my time, and shaved off about 40 seconds, but can't beat 1:09

Of course, I have to ask:  How did you do it?  Would you care to share some tips for minimum time there?  (Or maybe I should start a new thread to discuss techniques?)

Tex

Wow.  That really was impressive stdout.   ;D  I must have played the map two dozen times now.... and I managed to shave another 10 seconds off....  But I STILL could not beat your time.  So I resorted to thinking and analyzing....  And trying new strategies I'd never tried before.  I even had to resort to figuring out how to use the step time command, which I've never done before...  Geez.  But I got that last second.

So, stdout, I am pleased to say that I beat your time on S100_91: Erisar.

stdout

Super congratulations, Tex!! Nice going, seriously.

Isn't CW3 such a great game?

Tex

It is amazingly fun to play and the depth and complexity is nuts.  I have not even started to play with the maps editor yet, or everything in Colonial space.

stdout

Tex, once you get into Colonial Space, there is no  turning back. Seriously, the maps other players have come up with are amazing. And when you discover PlayAsCreeper maps (available in Colonial Space) you'll wish you hadn't waited so long.

E9577

Is there a list of hard Prospector zone maps?  I would put about 3 I have found so far that are challenging, the last is S100_142 Astniser.   From S100_0 go to S100_182 ->56 ->178 ->142
This one is a nice challenge as well : S100_17 Azuelkum from S100_00 to 158 196 54 78 57 100 146 52 190 36 17