Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #4: Needs tweeking

Author: Cavemaniac
Size: 256x144

Desc:

Cavemaniac

This is a raw sim map.

It shows promise, it's fun, but it needs a little tweaking to become a really good map.

Anyone up to the challenge?
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.

Ninja

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 11, 2016, 04:19:36 AM

This is a raw sim map.

It shows promise, it's fun, but it needs a little tweaking to become a really good map.

I wish.  ;)

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Ninja on September 11, 2016, 05:30:50 PM

This is a raw sim map.

I wish.  ;)

Just another couple of weeks grasshopper.

Unless you win Karsten's lottery and get early access!

Karsten75

Hey Caves, what's the difference down under between "tweeking" and "tweaking"? over here there is some difference. :)

Ninja

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 11, 2016, 06:37:12 PM
Quote from: Ninja on September 11, 2016, 05:30:50 PM

This is a raw sim map.

I wish.  ;)

Just another couple of weeks grasshopper.

Unless you win Karsten's lottery and get early access!
LOL; I restate what I've already said.
I wish.
Seriously, though, I can't wait to try my hand at adjusting this thing! With that giant landmass, I think it could have quite a bit of potential for very interesting things. We'll see what I end up doing with it, though.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Karsten75 on September 11, 2016, 06:45:12 PM
Hey Caves, what's the difference down under between "tweeking" and "tweaking"? over here there is some difference. :)

Erm, in New Zealand we follow Shakespeare's rule where it's OK to spell the same things differently within the same sentence...?

;)

Just a rubbish speller here.

Ninja

Welp.
Can't figure out how to get it so that I can open it in the mission editor, though who knows what I may or may not be able to do with it anyway.

Cavemaniac

Quote from: Ninja on September 15, 2016, 10:42:59 PM
Welp.
Can't figure out how to get it so that I can open it in the mission editor, though who knows what I may or may not be able to do with it anyway.

When I first submitted it, it annoyed me because things weren't tidy.

I thought they could benefit from a pass through the editor.

But...

Having played it another couple of times, I've decided I like it as it is - warts and all!

Not sure what issues you're having with the editor - itemize here and perhaps someone can help.

Ninja

Quote from: Cavemaniac on September 15, 2016, 11:32:02 PM
Quote from: Ninja on September 15, 2016, 10:42:59 PM
Welp.

When I first submitted it, it annoyed me because things weren't tidy.

I thought they could benefit from a pass through the editor.

But...

Having played it another couple of times, I've decided I like it as it is - warts and all!

Not sure what issues you're having with the editor - itemize here and perhaps someone can help.
My point is just that I download it (from the exchange), go to the editor, and it doesn't show up anywhere. I don't know if there's supposed to be a special way to get it to show in the editor, or if that's a glitch.