Suggestions From Everything In This Forum (summed)

Started by Qwerty Quazo, August 20, 2015, 10:50:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Qwerty Quazo

I have seen all topics and here is mine:
(note that i have just put everything in one topic, i didn't actually copied anything)

1) Many more upgrades, as there are in CW2.

2) Land should have 7 layers if it hasn't yet (I like 7 :P). Not so good if more.

2.1) Mire can be complicated if we combine these land layers with 3 mire layers (3 because it would be laggy and useless if it has more).

3)
The modules should be collected with another way, find out.

4)
More and better weapons (15).

5) Another kind of particles.

6) Spores or something like that.

7) More weapons and ships for weird uses.

8 ) Terp would be cool but there are harvesters, so I would make a terp that transfers pixels of land or create land that harvs can't dig.

9) Enemy grabber for enemy particles.

10) All the fleets in game MUST be:
A' Fleet, the default one.
B' Fleet, all ships and modules unlocked.
C' Fleet, the one below (10.1)
D' Fleet, create your own little gods!
Aaand... Different "categories" of scores in each fleet! This is a must.

10.1) 2 Lathes, 2 Destroyers, 2 Cruisers, 2 Wolves, 3 Tankers, 1 Relay, 4 Maruaders, 2 Big Noses, 1 Grabber, 1 Battle Cruiser/C-Class, 4 more small ships. 24-ship fleet, seems cool for me!

11) Emitter that works on land, emits mire.

12) Another type of pickup for unlimited module of specific type.

13) Main menu should become a base, where:
You see all your ships there.
You manage your fleets.
Many more things that V will put there, like graphic or even upgrades and such.

14) Lasers can also create blue struct.

15) MK7 can damage struct, but they cannot target it (or an option).

16) A new module, a ''machine-gun'', with size 3 times a laser-particle beam.

17) "Negative" layers of terrain! You can still build land units on it, but particles can pass through it and not turn into mire. It will only have mire on it if there is land (that is not a negative layer) beside it that has mire and a particle hits the non-negative land. Hopefully that made sense. (by Nicant)
Questions:

1) Why are there so many colors for the "nebula" or plasma field?
2) Can walls be built? (either in the editor or in play)
3) Can fields affect the drag or maximum speed of particles in them?
4) About how many particles can you simulate at once at 30hz?
5) Is your engine multithreaded?
6) Is ''Particle Fleet'' the biggest map you can create? If not, make a video with full gameplay in it (and obviously complete the mission).
7) Can the enemy reconstruct on mines that you neglect?
8 ) How many different objectives?
9) Will you change the name of bog/mire? A few of us don't like it.
10) Can we play a map only with land?
11)Can the white ''emitters'' in the last video turn blue?
12)Why in the last video doppels pass through another?

Other:

18) Tankers (or ships with ports and such) should NOT "trade" energy.

19) Change the menu image, I know you will (but soon!).

20) Change the MK7 image, it looks more like military than a space super-weapon.

21) I hope that most of the particles will become ''circled'' again, or even sug 5 come true.

22) Phalanx shouldn't fire at higher terrain.

23) Energy packets shouldn't flow over enemies (mired terrain, particles, struct...).

24) Struct can have two types: the one that we saw in the last video and the one that nothing can pass through, imagine a bunch of particles waiting behind that struct...

Most of questions and suggestion 7 are warren's
Please reply for more suggestions and virgilw please tell me if these are even possible.  ;)
I update my topics with the new videos!
I feel I am the blue person in the image below.
Spoiler
And I also believe I SHOULD be the blue person in the image below ::)
[close]
Check my other topics!
The brain is complicated. Use it or lose it.

warren

Some of those questions and features have been answered or hinted at by videos. land==walls, and that also answers some of my other technical questions. And I believe I saw a particle manipulator weapon in the latest video.

Qwerty Quazo

I don't know the answers about them, can you tell me which of the sugs and questions you mean?

I didn't mean land=wall, i meant something that nothing can pass through.

What do you mean particle manipulator? the grabber?

thx for reply

Qwerty Quazo

These are some sugs that didn't make it!

1) When moving, the ships could have some inertness, like particles.
2) Configure better the techs.
3) Collect weapon blueprints instead of ships, like CW3 but when you build one and you don't have all the blueprints then it is a cheap wall.
4) Mining for resources.
Firstly, a miner ship which  goes out and gathers different resources from asteroids, hull plating, destroyed emitters, etc. Some resources:
Ironium (basic metal, mined from asteroids and hull plating)
-Titarium (More advanced metal, mined from asteroids and rarely from hull plating)
-Creepelium (Very rare, strong metal, mined from enemy hull plating and rare asteroids)
-Indestructium (Super rare, strongest metal, only mined from enemy hull plating)
-Crystalium (Fuel source for ships, mined from Crystalline asteroids)
-Energium(Better fuel source, collected from enemy hull and dead particles
To build ships, you need the right amount of resources to build it. You still need the blueprints through.Once built, a ship refuels automatically when it's within range of a power source. To repair damaged parts, you need resources. Start all missions with some resources, enough to build something (power source (which needs a better name, by the way. How about a Subspace Nexus?)).

Qwerty Quazo

Hasn't anyone any suggestions yet? Wow, it has been 38 days and counting...

Qwerty Quazo

Nicant

I have a suggestion! Have "Negative" layers of terrain! You can still build land units on it, but particles can pass through it and not turn into mire. It will only have mire on it if there is land (that is not a negative layer) beside it that has mire and a particle hits the non-negative land. Hopefully that made sense.
CW4 hype!!

Qwerty Quazo

That made sense, thanks!
:D
Now, suggestions on your suggestion:
The two omnis that we don't know only one of them (or two!) can be built on the negative land.

How about negative particles?

When particles are on the negative land, only one weapon can fire at them.

If enemy wall (struct) flows near negative land, it produces mire or something similar.

What do you say?

Nicant

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on November 17, 2015, 01:34:18 AM
That made sense, thanks!
:D
Now, suggestions on your suggestion:
The two omnis that we don't know only one of them (or two!) can be built on the negative land.

How about negative particles?

When particles are on the negative land, only one weapon can fire at them.

If enemy wall (struct) flows near negative land, it produces mire or something similar.

What do you say?
Yeah those ideas would work in a way!

What i meant was any unit (except ships) could be build on land.

Assuming the red and blue particles are just positive and negative values, there would be no need for negative particles.

The other ideas I like!  :)
CW4 hype!!

Qwerty Quazo

...Assuming the red and blue particles are just positive and negative values, there would be no need for negative particles...
[/quote]

No, I meant to have a new kind of particles, negative enemy particles, which can pass through land. When they are in-land olny one weapon can fire at them.

Do you understand now?

Nicant

Quote from: Qwerty Quazo on November 20, 2015, 06:50:39 AM
...Assuming the red and blue particles are just positive and negative values, there would be no need for negative particles...

No, I meant to have a new kind of particles, negative enemy particles, which can pass through land. When they are in-land olny one weapon can fire at them.

Do you understand now?
[/quote]
OOOOOOOOOOOH now i understand.  :) I thought you mean't the particles that are currently in the game. Yeah that would be an interesting enemy to fight and the weapon to shoot them when in land would have to be to the middle of expensive and cheap, Because what if there is a map that uses lots of land and negative particles, then you would have to use the weapon alot.
But now i understand.
CW4 hype!!

Qwerty Quazo

Quote from: Nicant on November 20, 2015, 03:10:52 PM
..I thought you mean't the particles that are currently in the game...

Of course not, otherwise we wouldn't see mire again.