Rock, Paper, Shotgun Review

Started by knucracker, May 25, 2011, 02:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

knucracker

Rock, Paper, Shotgun has posted a review of CW2:
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/25/creep-is-death-creeper-world-2/

RPS is a pretty large site and back when they reviewed CW1, it opened a lot of doors.  So I'm glad they were able to take a look at CW2!  If you like, head on over and offer your comments to the discussion.

MadMag

Ebon Heart

WHOO! more publicity for an awesome game... and it looks like cw2 is bringing back in old customers too, here's one of the comments from that article.
"YES! I had no idea a sequel was coming out! I loved the first game — it was a great game to play while watching TV shows through the internet box. I am definitely getting this immediately.

Thank you, Hivemind!"
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

CobraKill

Did anyone look at the comments? Someone said they pirated CW  >:( Other's said it was bland  :( Almost make me want to tear up  :'(
Never trust a computer that doesn't fit through your nearest window.

MadMag

That the one guy pirated CW1 long time ago was good, because now he wants to buy both..

CobraKill

Quote from: MadMag on May 25, 2011, 05:40:15 PM
That the one guy pirated CW1 long time ago was good, because now he wants to buy both..

good point  :D but virgil still would have made more 19.98 > 14.99

MadMag

Not if they guy never have heard about the game until he saw it on the scene or a torrent site :)

Ebon Heart

I remember there was one guy who stole the game a while back, and loved it so much he went and brought 2 copies to make up for it. I forget who it was though...
When the going gets tough, the tough get going. The smart left a long time ago.
Check out the amazing A Tragedy Forgotten CW2 map series!

MadMag

I have never been here if I haven`t downloaded the game from a private tracker.

Echo51

Quote from: MadMag on May 26, 2011, 02:44:40 AM
I have never been here if I haven`t download the game from a private tracker.

And this goes to show that the piracy scene can act as an advertising service for some ;) but enough about pirating..
Join the chat! :D
- The only echo present here...

CobraKill

Quote from: Echo51 on May 26, 2011, 03:02:57 AM
Quote from: MadMag on May 26, 2011, 02:44:40 AM
I have never been here if I haven`t download the game from a private tracker.

And this goes to show that the piracy scene can act as an advertising service for some ;) but enough about pirating..

I agree but It's great that someone as big as Rock, Paper, Shotgun, can make a reveiw for our little game  ;D

DMCH

Congratulations on the good review - the feedback from fans seems almost entirely positive!

knucracker

Yeah, I'm really pleased with what folks have to say so far.  Of course not 100% of people will like the game, but that is actually a _good_ thing if you think about it.  Any game with character or that takes risks will always be disliked by some.  But the good news is that the vast majority of people who do comment on the game seem to find something they like... and that is great motivation in my daily work.

DethbyIT

Quote from: virgilw on May 26, 2011, 10:07:37 AM
But the good news is that the vast majority of people who do comment on the game seem to find something they like... and that is great motivation in my daily work.

Virgil - great attitude!

"Accentuate the positive" - as Bing Crosby used to say/sing.
dbit

MadMurphy

This is one of those niche games where mainly people who enjoy RTS or Tower Defense will enjoy it, so your gonna get a lot of positive from those people while the people who pick it up and aren't sure what it is may leave some negative feedback.

I personally have recommended this game to a lot of people, because I really enjoyed it.