Custom Map #1743: Co-Op Making Headway. By: Vertu&BvF

Started by AutoPost, June 12, 2021, 10:02:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1743: Co-Op Making Headway

Author: Vertu&BvF
Size: 175x280

jcheung

question. is each player supposed to be able to build the same number of reactors, rods and blasters?
because the run i just tried, we started with -6 available blasters (and the number kept decreasing), and when anyone built one of the power buildings, everyone else lost access but power wasn't shared.
worse still, when power generation was taken out, if there were some rods left, it would sometimes count rebuilt ones as two

also, if you have any hints on how we should start this party, it would be greatly appreciated, we spent hours trying to do this and just failed lol.

AlexMVW10

I just finished the level, took 3 players, 3 tries, and about 2.5 hours to finish (this is to %100 all enemies nullified), so I would say it is definitely a super hard and SUPER long map. And I also loved the custom units. The problem we found (same as the other poster) is the max units thing, it seems to be global max units, but the unit itself is not shared. On another note was the blaster which was great, but you can never actually build any, you just have to us what you start (and be really careful not to let any get destroyed) with because it's a negative number, and only grows deeper into the negatives as the map goes on. If anyone is looking for help as to where to start, we had one player in the lower left (area surrounded by the crazy wall), one player on the bottom right (in the large open area), and one player starting near the massive redon deposit. Redon player eventually got overrun and had to join the lower right player, but those better at the game may be able to hold it better. If the map maker sees this, massive question as to what the weird tower, silo looking things are, you can connect to them but cant click them or anything we couldn't figure out what they do

Vertu

Odd, I didn't encounter that issue when me and BvF played.
The unit caps are local and the map is designed for 2 players. You start with 3 blasters and have a cap of 3, me and BvF had it at 0, not -6 or what not. I don't know what happened on your ends and I apologies that Mverse broke this map outside of testing.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

Vertu

Did some investigation. I am unsure what you people did but when I made V-rods, BvF my partner in this map still had a cap of 20 V-rods and blasters were at 0. It may of been a session bug or older M-verse beta update but I tested it now and it is working fine.
Life isn't fair because we say it isn't. Not because it is unfair. In fact, it is so fair we want to say it isn't and do.

DarkRubberNeck

I got my butt kicked on this map on Mverse... So I solo'd it  ;D
Always fun to find a nice challenging map to play XD
I make tons of creeper world videos if you want to check out my channel at http://www.youtube.com/darkrubberneck