Custom Map #11047: edna19 - distant island. By: mumajz

Started by AutoPost, February 20, 2024, 04:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11047: edna19 - distant island

Author: mumajz
Size: 81x63

Desc:
I hope this is another complex and difficulty puzzle level. If you discover a few tricks you don't have to be able to play well and still win in a few minutes. If you discover a solution, write it in the forum with
Spoiler
tag. If no one solves the level, I'll add some hints.
[close]

stdout

D0m0nik

How sloppy of me ;-)

Just done a spot of spring cleaning!

oldnewby

Quote from: AutoPost on February 20, 2024, 04:11:02 PMThis topic is for discussion of map #11047: edna19 - distant island

Author: mumajz
Size: 81x63

Desc:
I hope this is another complex and difficulty puzzle level. If you discover a few tricks you don't have to be able to play well and still win in a few minutes. If you discover a solution, write it in the forum with
Spoiler
tag. If no one solves the level, I'll add some hints.
[close]
Great map idea mumajz...
But... Somehow I keep missing the puzzle solution idea... First try... almost all the AC spores splatted on the collectors, reactors, spare terps... etc.   So after the 8 minute mark... I restarted and tried reducing the alternative spore targets...  Helped a bit... a few spores hit one or the other of my bouncing terps in the emitter target area... So I re-restarted as follows with my minimalist version...
Spoiler
But almost all AC spores were still hitting near one or the other of my spare terps ...  So I re-re-restarted moving the Forge... and bouncing the spare terp so it was always airborne...
Unfortunately for me... when one AC spore hit the east terp landing zone... by the time a second one came near... the Creeper had refilled the void... so I was still making almost zero progress...
I suspect that there is some simple - to an expert player - way to time having the terps on the ground at the instant the AC spores set their targets...   Somehow... while "N" key tapping and watching the one - then the other - terp health drop to just about null... synchronizing... the terp landings with the spore targeting eludes me... 
Any hints you share will be appreciated...   
I am in awe of the tenacity and patience and skill and unflagging concentration of all the plus 5 timed players... And hope that their carpel tunnel aches and pains from nonstop "N" key tapping get better soon...

D0m0nik

Oldnewby - Looks like you have far too many units, you need to loose 8 things from your setup! All those units are spreading out the distribution of AC spores where as you want as many as possible to hit the little island. No need for the N button either, the pause button is enough!

TimeWeaver

I figured out how to do it except the minute I create a guppy there aren't enough spores hitting the target to keep a nullifier alive.  Honestly just got tired of trying.