Custom Map #11141: 260-Snow. By: Rennervate / AlexX

Started by AutoPost, May 08, 2024, 11:34:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #11141: 260-Snow

Author: Rennervate / AlexX
Size: 255x255

Desc:
ignores my playing time (i made a big beginner's mistake). Nevertheless, it is a time-consuming map. not very easy.

rennervate

I guess I haven't had the right idea yet as to how to solve the map faster. I also accidentally killed the forge. and resources are scarce...

I'm curious how fast some players will be... without the cheater
-------------------------------------------------------
aka: AlexX

D0m0nik

I don't see anything apart from an early bertha that can be exploited on this. Judging by your time it is going to be a grind, probably thanks to the severe tech limits!

Spoiler
Setting up an initial base in a top corner could have some benefits I suppose!
[close]

D0m0nik

I am quite sure this isn't the best idea either. But it is possible to start top corner!

rennervate

Unfortunately, I forgot to secure the two islands with diamonds, so direct land is not possible. I noticed it during the audition and then forgot about it. So a significantly faster time is possible

D0m0nik

D0m0nik

Loren Pechtel

Given the lack of any other aether it seems the start must be in the corner, but I sure can't figure out how to survive that.  Starting in the bottom is easy--but seems to offer no prospect but death by spores.

adlenl2

No idea how to make through the start... Any hints?

rennervate

Quote from: adlenl2 on May 08, 2024, 09:06:01 PMNo idea how to make through the start... Any hints?

I can't get the start of D.
That's my approach:

D0m0nik

Quote from: adlenl2 on May 08, 2024, 09:06:01 PMNo idea how to make through the start... Any hints?

Or start top right. You loose the CN a good few times but you can get established and push out.

rennervate

Thanks for the tip, I've always flown around with the CN so losing is probably better

D0m0nik

Quote from: rennervate on May 09, 2024, 03:09:45 PMThanks for the tip, I've always flown around with the CN so losing is probably better

I think so in this case. It is very rare that you need to use this technique though. You made a uniquely challenging map! Even with a PZ bertha, pushing out was hard!