Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1528: Symmetry Castle

Author: Corporation
Size: 320x500

Desc:
Huge Castle has a weak point. Fail Mission on HQ Loss Mass Omni #EditStruc

Laithaldien

The power of lag compels you! This map ... Imagine watching someone playing a bullet hell shooter. In bullet time. You might want to practice watching paint dry first.

Fun fact 1: This map holds the Guiness world record for the PF map with the single most omni count. So many that I lost count* and almost ran out of space to place them, but then ...
Fun fact 2: ... the omnis reached critical mass and a giant black hole appeared, ending the universe prematurely (a.k.a. crash to desktop).

*I probably was close to 2000. Two thousand. TWO THOUSAND! And you have to collect EVERY.SINGLE.ONE.

sky_killer

i enjoyed it, omnis weretoo many, but winning this was not much challenging other then insanely high omni count.

svartmes

Interesting map but yeah...the LAG.
That and the absurd amount of pickups made this pretty much unplayable, too bad :/

Something

Loaded it and watched my FPS go to 6. That was after I set it to .5x speed.

I'm building a new gaming computer, I think this map is going to be a benchmark of some kind of component, CPU probably.

amaranth

Definately a CPU test! Because of crash risk, I was saving every 10 minutes real time and finding that corresponded to approximately 1 minute game-time.

I'm sure that the map-maker was testing limits of the game here.  I ended up using no more than 500 omnis at any one time, and many of those were just redundant in the southern part, so I removed them once no longer needed and only kept the ones to lathe the pickups to speed the game up a bit.