Custom Map #10112: All-Out Retreat. By: Dark6al3a

Started by AutoPost, June 14, 2022, 11:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #10112: All-Out Retreat

Author: Dark6al3a
Size: 128x84

Desc:
You're surrounded by Creeper from all directions, Attacked and Carpet bombed by spores, Stuck on a Small hill, Your Only Choices are to either Retreat, Or be Destroyed.... This is Quite tough, but not Like Nuclear Crater....Unless You Found the Extremely Well hidden egg! Anyways......Enjoy!

Dark6al3a

I Loved Making this Map

a Tip:
Spoiler
Once You've Retreated, Quickly connect everything, Build siphons, Set up a Few Sprayers, then build some ore mines, Then a Bunch of Mortars, Keep the terp on the PZ to help terraform some space to build your units on, Once the Spores are almost launched, Put the Beam on the PZ, I'll be quickly overrun, but it'll significally weaken the spore waves to let the other beams clear them
[close]

Spoiler on the Eggs' from the Previous map

Spoiler
The First, Requires a Runner's Doom somewhere on an altar pointing towards a Crater, The Second is Close to the Remaining Creeper Towers
[close]
Waiting for Something to Happen ?

Dark6al3a

eh ?
It looks like this map is really hard to some people

Does it need an Easy Version ?

I wish D0m0nik was here....He'd Love the Challenging maps I made recently
High Ground, Nuclear Crater, and All-Out Retreat to be Exact

Helper

D2-
Just a thought.
A lot of the current maps being produced are very high quality and the average time to play is often in the hour+ category (many hours of clock time).
This one is on my 'will play' list, but first I have to take a shot at Yum's latest offering.
(Insert Arnold quote here.)

Thanks,
H

Martin Gronsdal

so I finished this "the wrong" way. One has to do something in order to be able to do something else to win.

where have I seen this before....  8)

Helper

Quote from: Martin Gronsdal on June 17, 2022, 08:14:01 AM
where have I seen this before....  8)

From that evil cabal of map makers out there.
You know, YOU, D2, Double X, and (of course) the grandfather of evil "Pastor Healer" (I have left off a couple of marginally evil types, but they can be promoted quickly).
H

teknotiss

"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

Dark6al3a

Quote from: teknotiss on June 17, 2022, 04:23:26 PM
Quote from: Dark6al3a on June 14, 2022, 02:01:21 PM

I wish D0m0nik was here....

were is he?  has he been missing for a while?  ???

Ye, He hasn't posted a thing since 8 June
He's gone on holiday again

D0m0nik

On holiday again?!! That makes me sound so posh!  ;D ;D

Ok I was on holiday for the last 8 days but most of my time away this year has been down to helping my mother with her new house. We lost pops last year and I am now regularly driving 250 miles for a week of decorating/landscaping/carpentry/curtain hanging! Back up tomorrow for a week so I will try and cram some of your maps in today!! I have withdrawal symptoms :o

Helper

Good to see you back and glad you're having some fun.
Good on you for taking care of your mom.
Several really fun maps out there for you to take a run at.
See you when you get back.

teknotiss

Quote from: D0m0nik on June 18, 2022, 05:53:04 AM
On holiday again?!! That makes me sound so posh!  ;D ;D

Ok I was on holiday for the last 8 days but most of my time away this year has been down to helping my mother with her new house. We lost pops last year and I am now regularly driving 250 miles for a week of decorating/landscaping/carpentry/curtain hanging! Back up tomorrow for a week so I will try and cram some of your maps in today!! I have withdrawal symptoms :o

250 miles?

bummer.. take a laptop with some downloaded maps for your downtime.... then the score watchers can get their fix of your times lol!  8)
"Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.... Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.... Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?.... Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" --- Epicurus

D0m0nik

I am afraid it is more to do with just not having the time  :(

D - Sorry to add to the controversey but I also don't think you should include the easter egg/ back doors unless you can satisfy one condition - you can complete and upload the map without using it! The danger is that you will create a map that you upload by utilising the easter egg and it is so hard no one can beat it without finding the egg. This would be pointless and frustrating and that is what the moderators wish to avoid. I also as a speedrunner find the tables pointless as I have no idea what the fastest 'regular' time is as anyone could have used the easter egg at a later time. For example on Nuclear Crater did you or ButtRcat complete this map in the traitional way? I cartinaly would not like to see these maps go, they are brilliant, but I would prefer not to have these quick win options in maps, what's the point?