Void Symphony-- New campaign.

Started by Krem, April 02, 2010, 02:53:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krem

Making a campaign that's fully in space. That only means that the story-line is different, and the background image. I'll have mostly pictures of nebulae, but I might have something else. Currently made the first map, along with some text. Since map-making itself is simply, I think the main point is the story. I'll submit the actual maps once I have finished the first chapter, and then we'll see.
Chapter 1, Part 1- In the Begining.

There is a growing tear in the galaxy. Near-sentient Void is pouring forth, devouring everything. You are leading us, the remaining people of the Milky Way, every race looks to you in the hope that you will lead us to another galaxy.

To do this, you must activate beacons that are scattered around the galaxy, each who will activate a portal which sends us deeper into the Milky Way, and eventually open up a portal strong enough to send us to.. anywhere else.

We have with us powerful tools, each developed for this mission. You must build up a grid with Collectors, which are used to expand our Safe Zone. Don't believe, though, that the Safe Zone stops the Void. We have weapons for that-- The Blaster and the Mortar. The Blaster fires off lasers that halt the spread of the Void, while the Mortar removes a large area of Void with an explosions. There's no need to bore you with the technical details, however.

We have also developed Generators. These increase the amount of energy the Mothership can send out. There are also Diamonds, which help increase the speed of energy traveling over our network. We have Relays, aswell, which enable us to send energy over long distances. And, finally, energy Stores, where we can store up to 20 packets of energy.

We will debrief you further once we are safe, but for now, you must start to reach the beacon at the bottom of this depression. Be careful, there are two Rifts down there, powerful ones.

Sqaz

Beware with the custom backgrounds, a lot of people (including me) don't like them, as they make it hard to tell creeper from background and to see elevations.

Krem

Don't vorry, everything is well visible. The Void could be a little denser, but meh. Although map 3 is much, much more visible, this is still easy to see. And, truly, it looks wonderful with a dense Void over it. >:3

Anyway, first map is up, after nerfing it again and again until I could beat it. *cough*
Won it in 25 minutes.

Edit- When I say "up", I mean that I've submitted it, not that you can actualy play it.

Edit2- Added 3 more, now the entire first chapter is up. Or will be, soon. :)

The smoking revolver

There is always a I in team

Krem

Yeah, that failed. First two maps were up, and they were.. failiures. But, as soon as I noticed, I modified the maps and send new ones. I will try and make sure it never happens again.. if the series doesn't fall on it's ass.

Turns out my maps are waaaay too easy. I will not correct this, but I will make the rest of my maps harder.