Getting A Creeper World 3 Key

Started by caba111, April 06, 2014, 07:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

caba111

Just a very quick question: If I've already bought the game on steam, is there any way to get a key for the DRM free version of creeper world?

Asbestos

The Knuckle Cracker and Steam versions of CW3 are the same, I think.

caba111

Well, I know the steam version requires steam verification to run... I'm trying to put CR3 on a flash drive so I can play it away from my computer.

kwinse

Would it be possible to play with steam in offline mode?

caba111

Probably, but I'm looking to avoid installing steam on other people's computers.

Flabort

You would probably need to copy the game itself, and the data folder in My Documents; I think the game key is stored with all your save files there.
However, if you had the game key, then you could... probably? Download the latest non-steam version from the website and use that with your files.

Just remember to copy the MyDocs files into the right place when using your memory stick, and copy it back when you're done.
My maps: Top scores: Sugarplum, Cryz Dal, Cryz Torri, Cryz Bohz (Click fetch scores, page courtesy of kwinse)

Karsten75

Quote from: caba111 on April 06, 2014, 07:58:49 PM
Just a very quick question: If I've already bought the game on steam, is there any way to get a key for the DRM free version of creeper world?

If you buy the stand-alone directly from Knuckle Cracker, you can get a steam key, the procedure is spelled out here.

If you buy the game on Steam, it is not possible to get a stand-alone version key.

There are several reasons for this, in no particular order:

• There is no reliable, secure method to prove your Steam purchase without a lot of manual work for Virgil.
  • Steam takes a bigger cut (about 3 times as much) of the selling price as what a direct purchase takes.
  • The vast majority of people who purchase from steam, like that version (integration into steam, achievements, etc.) and don't want a non-steam version.

Paranormal

Would a message requesting and showing proof of purchase through steam be a possible way to get one? Just theoretically.
Above and Beyond Normal.