Isolating extremely deep creeper

Started by NFITC1, November 15, 2013, 11:26:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NFITC1

So for fun I wanted to make a creeper emitter and an AC emitter duke it out on this thin island and see how they interact. I set the emitters' strengths to 500 with a small interval and both the C and AC flowed into the void and quickly spread through the void. I expected it to flow into the void as the void has an altitude of 500, but I don't think I expected it to behave like a flat terrain. It was flowing faster than I wanted it to, so I came up with making rings out of terrain height 1 to "catch" the creeper and make it fill up again to get to the void. The thicker the ring the longer it took to spill into the void beyond the ring, but the more it would travel per overflow. I can't provide pictures right now (on an iPad), but I wanted to know if anyone had an opinion (or facts) on whether the thick rings or more rings was a better way to slow that much creeper. I can't test it right now, but I'd like to make a map involving this feature.

J

To slow down creeper movement in void, I would use small 1x1 islands. Adjust the amount of them to change speed at which the creeper moves through space.

Katra

Maybe if you add some AC emitters to your rings where the creeper overflows and creeper emitters where the AC overflows...  ;D
Power. Power! I must have more POWER!

Clean0nion

Quote from: Katra on November 16, 2013, 03:25:55 PM
Maybe if you add some AC emitters to your rings where the creeper overflows and creeper emitters where the AC overflows...  ;D
The only problem with that is if the new creeper oveflows, you need more AC, and so on, and so on, until the map becomes pointless.

My solution would be to use the SetTerrainOverride command and set the override to 2,000,000 or something along those lines, if it's possible to go that high. Of course, that would mean going over every cell in the border of the isolated region to set the override, but on the other hand it would mean that you could set it to, say, 800, and then amass an 800-level high amount of creeper before releasing it.

The problem with that is that the void still has a height of 500, which is 300 less than 800. There should be a command SetDefaultVoidHeight.

Grayzzur

A hair over 2147 is where creeper converts to AC, so you wouldn't need to override the terrain height beyond that.
"Fate. It protects fools, little children, and ships named 'Enterprise.'" -William T. Riker