Custom Map #1731: [PAC] Payback round 1.1.0. By: GuardianDragonlord

Started by AutoPost, June 10, 2021, 05:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1731: [PAC] Payback round 1.1.0

Author: GuardianDragonlord
Size: 320x200

Malignantmind

So... what, exactly, is the point? The map is still so laggy that it's basically unplayable, and the amount of creeper generation is so high that there's no need to actually DO anything.

rowlet

Too laggy to even function. On a smaller scale (180 x 120 for example) the concept may work.  Their is just far too much stuff on the map. The creeper++ just makes it so you wait until a massive amount of creeper is possible and then just full flood since even with the reduction of thors it can still be hard to use blobs skimmer and the such.

knightace

Strangely; unlike the two comments prior to me I didn't experience any lag. This map actually played pretty smooth; even if I popped it up to 4x speed.

Yes, this map was still just as easy as the first one - well, maybe easier. The last version you generated a good amount of creeper but not enough to overtake defended positions on its own...the mesh did.
In this map; you just swamped everything in a pile of creeper and watched as the ocean's tidal wave crashed down.

Overall, I actually liked this version more. Not only was it not laggy (am I unique in that aspect?), but the units I chose I could actually use to advance/do things. Sure, I didn't have to, as I'd have won anyway...but last map the units I chose didn't matter at all. So I mark this as an improvement.

-imo; you're on the right track. Still need a bit fine-tuning; primarily - not handing the player the win. They need to do something/make progress on their own. If they don't have to do anything to win, they won't feel accomplished.

GuardianDragonlord

Quote from: knightace on June 11, 2021, 12:30:40 AM
Strangely; unlike the two comments prior to me I didn't experience any lag. This map actually played pretty smooth; even if I popped it up to 4x speed.

Yes, this map was still just as easy as the first one - well, maybe easier. The last version you generated a good amount of creeper but not enough to overtake defended positions on its own...the mesh did.
In this map; you just swamped everything in a pile of creeper and watched as the ocean's tidal wave crashed down.

Overall, I actually liked this version more. Not only was it not laggy (am I unique in that aspect?), but the units I chose I could actually use to advance/do things. Sure, I didn't have to, as I'd have won anyway...but last map the units I chose didn't matter at all. So I mark this as an improvement.

-imo; you're on the right track. Still need a bit fine-tuning; primarily - not handing the player the win. They need to do something/make progress on their own. If they don't have to do anything to win, they won't feel accomplished.
as the series continues it will become more crazier and the win that they will be handed to will take a lot longer than they would want. please do consider the fact it the series this one is bass off there is eight Maps already completed out of 10 and the difficulty Curve will start kicking in pretty quickly you will start noticing it and I will try to continue in maintaining the lag levels as low as possible..please do consider the fact it the series this one is bass off there is eight Maps already completed out of 10 and the difficulty Curve will start kicking in pretty quickly you will start noticing it and I will try to continue in maintaining the lag levels as low as possible. I have an arsenal of mods at my disposal I can totally break this game mode. hohahahahaha side note if you want to look up the actual original Maps these are based off of look for the name "at the end the creeper win"

CS Z

Automatic win after 23:59.7 if you do absolutely nothing beyond press the button to drop onto the field (i.e. don't spend ERNs on anything).

So if you take longer than that amount of time, then you might be doing something wrong.

corrosiveknight

Am i stupid? The game doesn't allow me to place anything and no creep is being generated...

knightace

Quote from: corrosiveknight on June 15, 2021, 10:59:09 PM
Am i stupid? The game doesn't allow me to place anything and no creep is being generated...

Sounds like you might be new to PAC maps? That's not stupid; it's just not understanding the mechanics.

In maps like this one; you don't have anywhere you can legitimately start. You will have 'points of interest' that you can choose to 'meteor down' a creeper bomb to start you off. Some maps have multiple locations you can pick from. This one just has one -- look at the top right corner, there is a blue tower looking thing with a red dot over it...click that and it will disappear. A moment later it will be bombed and an emitter will be automatically placed. After that, you can place your units down.

You can place units pretty much anywhere - however...most units require at least 2.0 deep creeper for it to activate/do anything, so you can't just advance wherever. You can also only place units down if you have a spare 'ERN' power to do so - you get more of these often by destroying units that are ERN'd, reclaiming that ERN for yourself. You can destroy your placed units to refund an ERN- allowing you to place a new unit somewhere else/press an advance.

have fun~