Started by AutoPost, June 06, 2021, 10:52:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AutoPost

This topic is for discussion of map #1713: Return of the Creep (PAC) 3

Author: Ranger Von Danger
Size: 256x160

alche

fun!!!
was the obelisk supposed to block my units too?

would have been fun to see those buildings explode :)

Shatterstep

Not so fond of buried crazonium walls again. Would have been frustrating for me if I hadn't realized what was going on.

And blobs that run into the buildings insta-die. I turned on the map editor and had 30 blobs try and make it past a building. Nooop. All died the second they touched it.

Still a fun map, just a bit frustrating.

Ranger Von Danger

Yeah, I had trouble getting the buildings to behave like solid structures. Unfortunately I dont think there are such parameters available. 

InwardChaos

Fun map. A bit annoyed at the dark tower preventing unit placement, but since that area just crashes against a crazonium wall, it wasn't that big of a deal.

Also, for a workaround if you place a unit on the road, you can just select a unit of the same type, use the "Select All" hotkey, and delete them all. You can even go above the unit cap to do this, as the temporary unit doesn't even need to be activated to be selectable.

OmegaJasam

Pritty fun, but yeah, the dark tower's actually harmful. Also, the anti-creeper trap at the end didn't go off untill after I'd won.

Kalt

By the way, there's a strategy that can beat this map in under 3 minutes:

Spoiler
1. Take out the Sniper, and leave enough creep to take out the missile launcher

2. Delete everything

3. place 3 spore launchers very close together, and aim them at the corner near the Rift Lab. They should land in similar pattern to how they're placed, so their travel distance is the same.

4. If you spaced them correctly, the spores should clump together and at least 1 will make it through the missiles. 1 is all you need, since the cannon is too high to defend the lab.
[close]

I enjoy finding fast strats like this and I don't consider it a flaw! Just wanted to make sure people don't think my 2:44 time is a hack